Production Supervisor (including Sanitation) Night Shift
Company: KEMPS LLC
Posted on: March 14, 2019
Production Supervisor (including Sanitation) Night Shift
400 N Broadway, PO BOX 309
Rochester, Minnesota, 55903
Company: Kemps LLC
Req Num: req8005
Provides work direction and leadership to production employees within the guidelines of standard work rules, union contract provisions, employment policies, reviews and edits employee time cards. Monitors all stages of the production process and ensures accurate fulfillment of customer orders through appropriate production scheduling. Holds self and others accountable for promoting safety rules and regulations and acts in accordance with the requirements for food safety and quality.
Hours are 9pm to 6am
* Schedules, assigns work, and provides clear direction to production employees. Ensures that the production process flows smoothly and daily production goals are met.
* Supervises production scheduling so appropriate quantities and varieties of product are produced to fill orders for customers. Ensures that bill of materials (e.g. ingredients, packaging) are appropriately staged for next production runs.
* Monitors the pasteurizing, separating, cooling or freezing, filling, mixing, clean-up, standardizing and storing operations to ensure that plant production and quality standards are met.
* Works effectively with unionized employees to promote positive and productive working relationships. Understands and effectively applies work rules, union contract provisions, and employment policies. Administers discipline consistently and fairly. Works with Human Resources and plant management to resolve employee grievances. Actively communicates with employees through shift meetings and informal methods.
* May be involved with job transactions such as promotions and transfers. Involvement may include the documentation of union status changes such as position codes, pay rates, and union bids. May review and edit employee electronic time records.
* Monitors the equipment used in production process (i.e., pasteurizer and cooler tanks) to ensure that equipment is functioning efficiently and is properly cleaned and sanitized. Arranges for timely repair/resolution of equipment failures.
* Actively promotes safe work behaviors and holds self and direct reports accountable for following safety rules and regulations. Conducts accident/injury investigations and sends reports of injury to HR in a timely manner to meet rapid reporting standards. May coordinate and/or facilitate plant safety meetings, training, and incentive programs.
* Understands and fulfills the requirements of SQF 2000 Level 3 code of regulation for food safety and quality. Manages policies, procedures and programs related to operations. Fosters continuous improvement to maintain the SQF 2000 Level 3 certification.
* Assists the Plant Manager or Assistant Plant Manager with compiling and analyzing production and cost data for required company and government reports.
* Proactively looks for ways to increase operational efficiency and contain costs. Identifies and implements best practices in establishing SOP s and managing labor. Thinks creatively and abstractly to develop alternative possibilities to drive improvement.
* May be assigned other responsibilities to meet business needs.
* DEVELOP AND MAINTAIN ALL SANITATION PROGRAMS, CONSTANTLY EVALUATING THE EFFECTIVENESS AND EXECUTION OF THESE PROGRAMS. DEVELOP AN AUDITING AND INSPECTION PROGRAM FOR EQUIPMENT THAT PROACTIVELY PREVENTS FOOD SAFETY ISSUES.
* CONDUCT DAILY SAFETY, SANITATION, AND GMP COMPLIANCE INSPECTIONS.
* MUST HAVE WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF ALL CIP SYSTEMS IN THE FACILITY AND KEEP TRACK OF ANY CHANGES TO THE SYSTEM(S).
* CONDUCT FINAL REVIEW OF ALL DOCUMENTATION RELATED TO SANITATION. MAINTAIN A CIP MANUAL ON EACH SANITATION ACTIVITY AND ASSESS CIP CHART ACCURACY THROUGH DAILY TRACKING ON EACH CIRCUIT. REPORT COMPLIANCE WITH THE MASTER SANITATION SCHEDULE TO MANAGEMENT OF PRODUCTION AND QUALITY.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN FOOD SCIENCE, DAIRY SCIENCE, BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION OR OTHER RELATED CURRICULUM PLUS 1-2 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN DAIRY OR FOOD INDUSTRY
OR 5-7 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN DAIRY, PRODUCTION AND/OR SANITATION OR FOOD INDUSTRY MANUFACTURING
Supervisory experience preferred
* Provides consistent, clear and compelling oral and written communication. Ensures clarity, simplicity and consistency in setting goals, initiatives, and strategies. Enables individuals to see how their efforts directly related to Kemps objectives. Deploys the right people to the best opportunities and involves and engages others effectively in setting direction. Eliminates low payoff efforts.
* Uses logic, methods and creativity to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Probes all fruitful sources for answers and sees hidden problems. Excels at honest analysis and looks beyond the obvious without stopping at the first answer.
* Recognizes what needs to be done and accomplishes it. Actively seeks solutions to problems without direction from someone else. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is asked of him or her. Questions processes and suggests changes. Looks for opportunities to make contributions to the business.
* Supports, demonstrates and promotes Kemps Values. Integrity (Build Trust), Passion (Carry the Vision), Performance (Produce Results), Quality (Lead the Way), Innovation (Make It Better), Accountability (Own It)
Keywords: KEMPS LLC, Rochester , Production Supervisor (including Sanitation) Night Shift, Professions , Rochester, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!