CDL A Heavy Construction Equipment Mechanic / Field Service Technician
Company: Nuss Truck & Equipment
Posted on: May 16, 2022
We are growing! The Heavy Construction Equipment Mechanic /
Field Service Technician will diagnose, repair or overhaul, and
maintain heavy construction equipment in the field. Equipment
includes compactors, excavators, loaders, dozers, and other heavy
construction equipment. Major components and parts include; diesel
engines and power plants, hydraulic, electrical, computer /
software, and body / structural items. Job Responsibilities:
- Receives repair orders from Dispatch or Service Advisor.
- Performs work as outlined on repair orders efficiently and
accurately in accordance with dealership and factory
- Diagnoses other issues and repairs equipment.
- Performs safety and maintenance checks.
- Utilize testing equipment, precision instruments and gauges,
hand tools, portable power tools, cranes and hoists as needed.
- Equipment Technician services and repairs fuel injection
systems, exhaust systems, cooling systems, air conditioning
systems, lubrication systems, engine control systems, major
internal engine repairs or overhaul, installation and alignment of
engines and machinery.
- Services and repairs drive trains, hydraulic transmissions,
power take-offs, tracked vehicle suspensions and steering, vehicle
brake systems, wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering.
- Tests repaired equipment for satisfactory performance including
- Follows all safety regulations and policies. Works safely.
- Follows federal, state and local regulations governing
hazardous waste disposal.
- Proactively communicates job progress to service advisor and
customer as needed.
- Equipment Technician communicates with Parts Department to
obtain needed parts for repair.
- Completes service reports and other documentation as required
by Nuss and/or customer.
- Attends factory sponsored training classes as required.
- Keeps abreast of and applies factory technical bulletins. About
Us: Earn top tier wages, match your vacation and enjoy the security
of a premium benefits package and generous hiring bonus with Nuss
Truck & Equipment the 2017 American Truck Dealer of the year. Nuss
is one of the largest providers of both OTR and vocational trucks
combined with world class Volvo Construction Equipment including
paving products and service in the Midwest. Our award-winning sales
and service teams support all segments of the transportation and
construction industry. We have expanded to nine strategic
dealership locations in Rochester, Mankato, Monticello, St. Cloud,
Roseville, Burnsville, Duluth and East Bethel Minnesota, and Eau
Claire Wisconsin. Many Nuss staff members have over 25 years of
experience providing highest level customer care and experience.
Benefits: Nuss Truck & Equipment offers a very competitive benefits
package. We offer medical insurance, generous monthly HSA
contribution, dental insurance, matching 401k, voluntary life
insurance, tuition reimbursement program, employee assistance
program, flexible spending accounts, long-term and short-term
disability insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, and direct
deposit. We will match your current vacation/PTO hours if you join
our team! Requirements Education:
- Two-year technical school degree in Diesel/Heavy Equipment or
equivalent experience. Experience:
- Two to three years of relevant diesel equipment repair. Prefer
5 -7 years or more of relevant diesel equipment repair. Other
- Excellent trouble-shooting ability with heavy equipment.
- Solid knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, transmissions,
electrical, fuel and other systems.
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to represent the company with professionalism, tact and
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced, high stress environment.
- Must have and maintain a valid CDL and Health Card in
accordance with all applicable regulations.
- Must possess clean driving record.
- Ability to be on call Call 651-300-6457 or Apply Online
Today!Nuss Truck & Equipment is an equal opportunity/affirmative
Keywords: Nuss Truck & Equipment, Rochester , CDL A Heavy Construction Equipment Mechanic / Field Service Technician , Professions , Stewartville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!