Integrated Supply Buyer
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Position Summary: Vallen---s Storeroom Buyers typically reside
at a customer location and are responsible for providing
exceptional service to Vallen---s customers by purchasing products,
goods and materials (stock and/or non-stock, or stock buy) that
meet the organization's standards of price, quality, timing, and
reliability of supply.-- Essential Job Duties and
- Perform procurement activities to ensure the customer---s
current and anticipated demand for products and materials (stock
and/or non-stock, or spot buy) are met and in alignment with
Vallen---s purchasing strategies.
- Review and approve assigned inventory forecasts produced by
Vallen---s inventory management or other Enterprise Resource
- Review and approve daily replenishment recommendations produced
by Vallen---s inventory management or other Enterprise Resource
- Assess existing orders to determine action for expediting or
de-expediting for optimal delivery.
- Place purchase requisitions and vendor purchase orders.
- Research, assess, and make recommendations for vendors and/or
specific items of request to ensure they comply with specifications
and meet the customer's quality, pricing, and delivery
- Monitor the quality and timeliness of products and materials
supplied; may coordinate the return of damaged goods and/or
- Expedites purchase orders for stock inventory to meet customer
- Negotiate and coordinate vendor returns for aging, expired, or
excess inventory; coordinate other liquidation activities as
- Follow-up on the status of purchase orders with vendors to
ensure timely delivery; and communicate status of orders with
- Communicate with vendors to resolve problems with timeliness
and product quality.
- Assist with the authorization for payment of invoices as
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with one or more
suppliers, vendors, and assigned customers.
- Research and resolve account payables nonconformance with
- Assist with identifying opportunities for and document customer
- Produce customer KPI measurement data and related reports as
- Follow all Vallen and customer Standard Operating
- Adhere to LEAN operating practices; ensure worksite is
professional, clean and neat at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Job Qualifications:
Associate---s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
(e.g., Business, Finance, etc.).-- 1+ years of experience in the
field of Procurement preferred. --CPM certification preferred.--
Other relevant experience includes:
- Excellent customer service.
- Computer skills and aptitude to learn Vallen---s Enterprise
Resource Planning (ERP) and Inventory Management applications;
GAINS experience preferred.
- Sourcing and Procurement experience--
- Mathematical aptitude for basic calculations.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Mechanical Aptitude Preferred
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, organizational and
- Proficiency with MS-Office products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. -- Work
Environment--(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.):
- Long periods of time working on a computer and performing
repetitive key-boarding activities.
- Work may be in a manufacturing environment, warehouse, or other
non-typical office setting and could have exposure to dirt, smoke,
heat, cold, etc.
- Safety protection may be required while in the customer---s
facility (hand, foot, and eye or other as dictated by the
customer---s safety protocols).
- Overtime hours may be required with little advanced
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is
required to sit.-- The employee is occasionally required to stand
and walk.-- The employee may be required to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 10 pounds.-- Specific vision abilities required
by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
About Vallen Vallen--is an industry leader in delivering flexible
supply chain solutions and services along with a comprehensive
range of maintenance, repair, operating, production, safety, and
electrical products to meet the growing supply needs of customers
in facilities across North America and around the world. Vallen is
headquartered in Belmont, NC and is a subsidiary of--Sonepar USA,
part of the global--Sonepar--family. Stay up to date with Vallen,
follow us on--LinkedIn--and--Facebook, What are the Benefits? 401K
Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid
Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible
Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance
Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts, and a
definitive career path. EOE M/F/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: Vallen, Rochester , Integrated Supply Buyer, Professions , Onalaska, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!