Production Lead -2nd Shift
Company: E. A. Sween Company
Location: Elk Mound
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Job Details Description We are always looking for talented,
hardworking people to join the E.A. Sween family. We are a
family-oriented company that understands the significance of our
employees and we are successful because of our incredibly committed
team. We are looking for a Production Lead (Lead - RTE). The hours
for this role are mainly Monday - Thursday 4:30 PM - 3:00AM.
Mandatory Overtime required when posted. E.A. Sween is an Equal
Opportunity Employer ? Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability Summary:
The RTE Lead is a self-motivated, quality conscious professional
who ensures that production employees properly utilize standard
work for their position that will result in producing the highest
quality, most cost effective product possible. This position plays
an active role in the Company's Lean initiatives. 1. LEADERSHIP
- Leads the production team by promoting the Spirit of EA Sween
Company and creating a friendly and positive work environment.
- Assists Human Resources in creating, evaluating and updating an
effective orientation process.
- Manages the orientation and on-the-job training of all
employees in specific work area such as: standard work, safety,
GMPs and completion of paperwork for all team members.
- With guidance from production supervisor, completes and submits
to Human Resources, all employee performance evaluations and merit
increases for employees on team.
- Sets a good example by maintaining a good attendance record and
promotes the importance of following the Production Attendance
Points Policy with all production employees.
- Ensures all employees are treated fairly in a friendly, safe,
clean and positive work environment. 2. FOOD SAFETY AND
- Responsible for food safety and quality.
- Follows and enforces Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and
all EA Sween and PSD policies and procedures.
- Promotes food safety with all employees and immediately reports
any food safety concerns to the 3. SAFETY AND HEALTH
- Performs job responsibilities in a safe manner.
- Promotes safety with all employees and immediately reports any
safety concerns to the production manager.
- Successfully completes the mandatory EA Sween Quarterly Safety
Training sessions for complying with both OSHA regulations and EA
- Zero Safety Incidences of Team members 4. PRODUCTION
- Validates that all team members are following standard work
100% of time. Coaches team to higher performance levels.
- Works with the Line Controllers to ensure accurate completion
of downtime reports and raw material production reports for each
work order using Redzone software.
- Ensures proper employee rotation schedule for each work
- With guidance from Production Supervisor, coaches, disciplines
and documents work performance and/or policy violations.
- Communicates daily with Production Supervisor and production
manager regarding any issues or concerns.
- Fills in on the production line on an as-needed basis.
- Works with production management team on updating position
descriptions and standard work.
- Properly cross-trained in all positions or areas.
- 95% of workday is spent on the RTE floor.
- Meet or exceed 100% fill rates. 5. COST (CONTINUOUS
- Contribute to Lean activities.
- Suggests additional types of employee training as it relates to
- Works together with production employees, as well as, quality
assistant, production supervisor and maintenance techs to assemble
the lowest cost, highest quality product possible.
- 25% Waste Reductions Required Qualifications:
- Require High School Diploma or GED
- Require 2+ years previous food experience
- Require previous experience leading or supervising
- Require good written and oral communication skills in
- Require basic computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include occasional
- All hires will need to successfully pass a drug screen and
background check Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous machine operator experience a plus
- Previous experience conducting performance reviews a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be willing to spend 95% of time on production floor
- Must be able to be on feet majority of the work day
- M ust be able to work in cool conditions, 32 to 45 degrees
- Must be able to keep up with manufacturing speeds on production
- Must be able to bend, twist, turn, push and pull
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to be cross-trained on positions in all areas of
production Qualifications 0" style="display: none;"> Skills
0"> 0"> 0" style="display: none;"> Behaviors 0"> 0">
: 0" style="display: none;"> Motivations 0"> 0"> : 0"
style="display: none;"> Education 0"> 0"> 0"
style="display: none;"> Experience 0"> 0"> 0"
style="display: none;"> Licenses & Certifications 0"> 0">
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: E. A. Sween Company, Rochester , Production Lead -2nd Shift, Professions , Elk Mound, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!