Company: IRET Properties
Posted on: September 12, 2019
Primary responsibilities include ensuring that the community
generates a satisfactory cash flow and that the property is
maintained in accordance with IRET standards. Duties will be
performed following company procedures and in accordance with EHO
and EEO regulations and guidelines. All of the following duties are
the responsibility of the Community Supervisor, either personally
or through subordinate staff. Smaller community or community
groupings, team of 1-5, stabilized, suburban, standard customer
Self-directed and self-motivated. Prioritizes and sets deadlines.
May assist others in prioritizing, setting deadlines, problem
solving, etc. Requires a high level of initiative and a big picture
focus. May direct the work of others. Implements the company's
vision and strategy within the assigned property and directs the
work of others to achieve company and department targets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform these essential
* Prepares the annual business plan and is accountable for
achievement of results.
* Responsible for providing direction and executing operational
processes and procedures.
* Ensures that the property is being maintained to standards
provided by IRET.
* Completes regular property inspections.
* Collaborates with supporting departments as needed.
* Implements process changes and initiatives.
* Approves new resident applications.
* Submits renewal plans for approval.
* Monitors and reports incidents and legal risks.
* Coordinates annual unit inspections.
* Completes reports as required.
* Operates under guidelines of local laws and ordinances.
* Requests resources when necessary and provides feedback about how
we can improve operations.
* May represent IRET in Conciliation Claims Court.
* Other projects and duties assigned.
* Drives overall financial results for the property; can analyze
and summarize key issues, trends and possible solutions and
strategies to address.
* Prepares the annual business plan and budget and is accountable
for achievement of results.
* Direct property operations in a manner that is consistent with
the property budget.
* Completes monthly financial review and variance reporting.
* Creates action plans if there is underperformance.
* Leads teams to success, motivating them provide services
consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values
* Personnel management including recruiting and hiring, training
and development, scheduling, timekeeping & payroll, coaching and
discipline, performance evaluation and goal setting.
* Collaborates with the Lead Technician and/or Service Supervisor
to align priorities and measure performance.
* Builds a culture of continuous improvement.
* Able to communicate concisely and effectively to provide context,
motivate teams, and share information.
* Leads, directs, hires, terminates, coaches and supervises the
staff at the property. Monitors and approves all leave requests and
timecards for all staff.
* Exhibits confidence in self and others, inspires and motivates
others to perform well, effectively influences actions and opinions
of others, accepts feedback from others, gives appropriate
recognition to others, able to build morale and group commitments
to goals and objectives, demonstrates group presentation skills,
participates in meetings.
* Ensures that all staff complies with internal
policies/procedures, department programs, training requirements,
Fair Housing laws and all other applicable rules and
* Coaches team member to continued their career development and
strengthen our talent pipeline.
* Can apply a broad and long-term perspective to decisions based on
daily operational activities to drive results.
* Expected to belong to and/or serve on committees of local service
clubs, charitable giving programs, merchant associations, Chamber
of Commerce, or other business networking groups. Expected to
participate in service projects, and to establish and maintain
contacts within the community to promote IRET.
Responsibilities include 25% sales & marketing, 20% customer
service, 30% business admin, 7% personnel, 5% risk management, 13%
Expected to carry a mobile phone, but eligible for a monthly
reimbursement according to company policy. Standard computer
Some local travel may be required.
Education & Experience
* A two-year degree in Real Estate, Management, Finance or Business
Administration or a related field or comparable proven
* 3+ years' experience in property management or related industry
is required. A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience is
required, with experience managing managers preferred.
* Strong financial acumen; must understand the components driving
* Demonstrated success in leadership, team member development and
* Presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to prioritize tasks to ensure goals and time frames are
* Exceptional customer-service skills; demonstrated ability to
maintain strong working relations with both internal and external
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and complex operational
matters on a daily basis.
* One year as an Assistant Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
* Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedural manuals. Ability to write routine reports and
correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of
customers or employees of the organization.
* Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and
percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve complex problems and deal
with a variety of variables in situations where only limited
standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
* Computer Skills - To perform the job successfully, an individual
should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing
software. Understanding and ability to use Microsoft Office and
web-based software in a professional manner is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to
sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use
hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with arms and hands.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
IRET is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled
Keywords: IRET Properties, Rochester , Community Supervisor, Other , Rochester, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!