Dairy Clerk - Part Time
Posted on: August 10, 2019
Job Title: Dairy Clerk FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Dairy Revision Date: 05/2018
As a Dairy Clerk, this position will be responsible for rotating
and replenishing merchandise and ensuring highest quality standards
are met. Additionally you will ensure a positive company image by
providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to
customers and team members.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Director;
Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Managers of
Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Assistant
Managers; Dairy Manager, Assistant Dairy Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
2. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
3. Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by
name whenever possible.
4. Assists customers by: (examples include)
??? escorting them to the products they're looking for
??? securing products that are out of reach
??? loading or unloading heavy items
??? making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
??? performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
5. Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful
service to customers who call.
6. Rotates and replenishes merchandise and ensures highest quality
standards are met.
7. Unloads trucks and places product in appropriate storage
8. Faces merchandise.
9. Ensures cleanliness in the department, cleans off the cases,
sweeps the floor, etc.
10. Builds end caps display and fills through the week as
11. Orders product and supply that is requested by department
12. Ensures storage area is organized, the floor is not slippery,
and the temperature is constant and correct.
13. Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
14. Adheres to company policies and individual store
15. Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Participates in the physical inventories (monthly and
2. Checks invoices against delivered product when asked.
3. Assists in other areas of store as needed.
4. Performs other job related duties and special projects as
Education and Experience:
Less than high school or equivalent experience and six months or
less of similar or related experience.
- Must be physically able to perform medium work exerting up to
50 pounds of force frequently; and up to 10 pounds of force
constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of
less than 20 inches to less than 20 feet, with or without
correction; depth perception.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of
variables with limited standardization; interpret
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures,
counting and recording
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated
instructions; write identifying information; request supplies
orally or in writing.
This position is exposed to noise and temperature extremes
continuously, dirt and dampness frequently, and occasionally
exposed to equipment movement hazards. This is a fast paced work
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Telexon ordering unit, box cutter, two wheeler, ice cream carts,
milk dollies, cash register, intercom, calculator, pallet jack, and
C.A.R.S. re-ordering system
Has daily contact with suppliers/vendors and customers.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Rochester , Dairy Clerk - Part Time, Other , Rochester, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!