Radiologic Technologist, Limited Scope
Posted on: June 14, 2019
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST, LIMITED SCOPE
Rochester,MN (5507 Chateau Rd NW)
Healthcare - RT/MA
General Position Description:
The Radiologic Technologist, Limited Scope (Limited Scope X-Ray
Operator, Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist, LMRT OR Basic
Machine Operator) is responsible for performing all Radiology
services in accordance with the state regulation for limited scope
of practice in radiography exam modules. In addition, the
Radiologic Technologist, Limited Scope (X-Ray Tech, Limited Scope
X-Ray Operator, LMRT) will be responsible for performing other
clinical duties, ensuring the well-being of patients, and for
providing a positive and supportive environment for patients and
other staff while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced
practitioners, front office and clinical staff.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
* Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and
models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring and Friendly.
* Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is
clear, well-organized and demonstrates an understanding of audience
* Utilizes genuine and positive communication to, make each
customer feel informed, understood, and special.
* An effective team member who contributes valuable ideas and
feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
* Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks
and challenges with energy and passion.
* Pursue activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of
success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
* Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Clinical duties are performed in accordance with the 'Clinical
Functions by Position' State document and according to onsite
Provider direction and supervision.
* Perform accurate x-rays as ordered by the Provider and in
accordance to the limited scope of practice while practicing
radiation safety precautions to include ALARA.
* Prepare and transmit images to the Radiologist for over-read, and
report over-read results to providers.
* Retrieve and archive radiographic reports.
* Create/Burn CD's in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
* Perform detailed and accurate data collection during clinical
intake of patients to include taking and recording vital signs and
* Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen
collection, exam prep, etc.
* Complete occupational health testing including such services as
urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and
* Apply the use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths
and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches
* Ensure the well-being of patients and for providing a positive,
supportive environment for patients and other staff.
* Complete patient referrals daily.
* Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and paper based
documentation for all assessments and procedures.
* Comply with and follow policies and procedures as outlined by
* Maintains HIPAA at all times.
* Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types
of procedures, etc.
Learning and Ongoing Education:
* Obtain and maintain certification to perform DOT, UDS, BAT, hair
testing, and other occupational health services as assigned.
* Maintain clinical skills and competency for all procedures.
* Maintain technical skills and apply new knowledge to position
according to MedExpress policy.
* Maintain knowledge of Medical Terminology and standards of
* Maintain knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to
establish a safe work environment.
* Read and keep up-to-date on all ME Communications.
* Complete all assigned training.
* Documentation of competency is required for all role appropriate
procedures, in addition to State specific licensure or
certification as applicable.
Center Readiness and Maintenance:
* Maintaining Quality Assurance of the radiology equipment and
completion of Quality Control logs.
* Assist in maintaining all quality control, clinic inspection, and
machine maintenance on a daily basis and report any and all
* Manage inventory of supplies; restock exam/procedure rooms.
* Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e.
OSHA, CLIA and Department of Health).
* Maintain and comply with all MedExpress, Optum and Urgent Care
Accreditation site assessment requirements.
* Maintain clinical supplies and equipment and ensure proper
storage of biohazards.
* Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according
* Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between
patient visits to maintain infection control.
* Clean according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping
* Work collaboratively with Area Clinical Leadership to complete
administrative assignments, as time allows and knowledge base
supports, such as chart audits, supply inventory, quality assurance
* Clinical Operations Managers and Directors.
* Center Manager, center staffed based team-members including
providers and non-providers.
* Administrative clinical partners.
* 2 years clinical experience in related clinical setting (Urgent
* Working knowledge of PACS, Computed/Digital Radiography, and
documentation in an Electronic Medical Records (EMR) System and
basic computer programs.
* Ability to accurately perform required x-rays as ordered by the
Medical Provider/s and in accordance to the limited scope of
* Must have current X-ray certification and must meet all other
applicable requirements by law including state licensure in
radiology technology or must have obtained the passing
certification letter, as applicable and required by state.
* Must have completed accredited radiology technology program
(LMRT) and have passed the Core, Chest, Extremities, Skull/Sinuses
and Spine ARRT limited scope of practice exams for radiography. (FL
Basic Machine Operator only requires Core, Chest and Extremities,
therefore, candidate must have previous experience performing
Spine, Skull and Sinus exams). In Minnesota (MN), the Minnesota
X-Ray Operator Exam Certification Letters received prior to January
1st, 2008 is also acceptable.)
* Knowledge of quality assurance processes, radiation safety
measures, common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe
* Knowledge of applicable radiology state rules and
* Ability to perform venipuncture and lab specimen collections
experience preferred but not required.
* Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations
including OSHA and HIPAA requirements.
* Knowledge of computerized information systems (EMR) used in
clinical management settings.
* Required to maintain CEU/CME s as applicable for licensure.
* Strong commitment to customer service and excellence in
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
MedExpress strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and
appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will
not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age,
race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic
information, status with respect to public assistance or any other
characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Keywords: MedExpress, Rochester , Radiologic Technologist, Limited Scope, Other , Rochester, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!