Pharma I Operator
Location: Charles City
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Company InformationYou Matter to Cambrex. Cambrex is a leading
global contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO)
that provides drug substance, drug product, and analytical services
across the entire drug lifecycle. With more than 40 years of
experience and a growing team of over 2,400 professionals servicing
global clients, Cambrex is a trusted partner in branded and generic
markets for API and dosage form development and manufacturing.Your
Work Matters.At Cambrex, we strive to build a culture where all
colleagues have the opportunity to:
- engage in work that matters to our customers and the patients
- learn new skills and enjoy new experiences in an engaging and
- strengthen connections with coworkers and the communityWe're
committed to attracting and nurturing a passionate team of valued
professionals in our fast-paced and growing company. We offer a
competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision,
Life, LTD, retirement savings and more! Can we make this broader
language, so it fits in all markets, e.g., that includes
healthcare, life insurance, planning for retirement, and
more!--Your Future Matters.Known for our customer-focused
scientific and manufacturing excellence, as well as our strong
commitment to quality and safety, we offer a range of career and
growth opportunities across our global network of locations.
Together with our customers, we aim to improve the quality of life
for patients around the world. Start a career where You Matter by
applying today! Job OverviewReporting to the shift supervisor, the
Pharma I Operator will be expected to successfully produce chemical
and pharmaceutical products in our manufacturing environment.
- Operate batch and continuous type reactors, high pressure
reactors, centrifuges, filters, solvent distillation equipment and
supporting equipment involved in testing, all according to
- Monitor the equipment; setting controls on valves, vacuums,
pumps, pressures, etc., according to designated procedures to
achieve desired results.
- Monitors the process variables and makes process control
adjustments to maintain the proper process control. Use manual and
computer controlled devices to monitor and control the
- Clean all equipment used (boil, scrape or scrub out) following
- Assist in training new Pharma Reactor Operators.
- Drum compounds and hazardous waste; label according to set
standards; transport to assigned areas.
- Assure area is kept clean and all precautions are taken to
prevent environmental spills and control discharge to WWTP at
- Interpret results and monitor processes using computer
- Responsible for safe handling of hazardous materials including
loading/unloading trucks, processing, packaging and clean up of
- Responsible for completion of all operation log books in Pharma
- Troubleshoot production line and equipment problems in a safe
and effective manner.
- Assist lab personnel with implementing new processes or process
- Complete line entry, confined space, and hot work
- Assist in writing and updating process procedures and
- Adhere to all EPA, FDA and cGMP regulations as they relate to
the operation of the chemical production facility.
- Take samples for in-process and Quality Control analysis.
- Perform laboratory tests on process samples and act on
- Assume duties of Reactor Operator Chem I/IIAll employees are
required to adhere to DEA, EPA, FDA, OSHA and cGMP regulations as
they relate to the operation of the Company; and to adhere to all
company safety rules and procedures.-- All employees are expected
to report to work regularly and promptly.-- Other duties relating
to departmental mission, not specifically detailed in this section
may be assigned. Education, Experience & Licensing Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment or
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong mechanical aptitude/knowledge
- Shift assignment may vary. Must be able to work nights and/or
every other weekend as per shift assignmentCambrex is an Equal
Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and will consider all
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.Cambrex
Charles City offers an extraordinary opportunity, a competitive
salary, and an exceptional benefits package including medical,
dental, vision care and prescription, life, LTD, STD; 401(k) with
employer match; tuition reimbursement; and the 'Arthur I. Mendolia
Keywords: Cambrex, Rochester , Pharma I Operator, Other , Charles City, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...