Front Desk Supervisor
Company: Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center, La Crosse,
Posted on: January 26, 2023
General ResponsibilitiesDirect, train and maintain high levels
of service at the front desk. Have a working knowledge of all front
desk functions including night audit, reservations, and related
systems. The duties of this job require a high degree of
specialized expertise and skill in maintaining established
standards of quality and accuracy. Drive, determination, and a
self-disciplined approach to achieving results that meet these
established criteria are necessary for successful job performance.
The job environment is structured, and job expectations are clear.
While the pace of the work is faster than average, quality is never
compromised. The focus of communication and organizational
relationships is based on technical expertise. The work requires
specialized technical problem solving and ingenuity while working
within approved organizational systems and technology, and the
demonstration of the values of integrity, quality, and caution.
-Supervision Received/ProvidedThis position receives moderate
supervision by the General Manager or a designated
manager/supervisor. -Essential Duties
- Responsible for the selection, training, and supervision of the
entire Front Office operation to ensure the highest level of
service and value to every guest, every day throughout their
- Supervise the daily operations of the Front Desk, maximize
revenues, and motivate employees to ensure an optimal level of
quality service and hospitality are provided to the hotel customers
and guests while balancing inventory
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of hotel
features/services, hours of operation; room types, numbers, layout,
decor, location; room rates, amenities offered, services available,
special packages and promotions
- Be aware of scheduled in-house group activities, locations, and
times; daily occupancy and expected arrivals/departures; room
availability status for any given day
- Respond to guest's special requests, needs, problems, issues,
- Accommodate groups to ensure optimal levels of guest
satisfaction and repeat business.
- Assist guests in making reservations by phone or in person when
Central Reservations is not a better option. Retrieve and enter
Travel Click/GDS reservations and cancellations, following up with
proper documentation and filing as trained.
- Monitor and control daily revenues and expenses, maximize ADR
and occupancy, participate in revenue management decisions, ensure
procedures are followed and proper controls are in place to
minimize losses and expenses and maximize hotel profits. Scrutinize
house/master accounts to assure they are current and do not carry a
balance beyond an acceptable date -
- Perform Manager on Duty function as assigned; follow key
control procedures -Task List
- Supervise the Front Desk Agents at the front desk; interview,
schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, recommend
performance reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication,
and recommend discipline, as appropriate.
- Ensure that current information on rates, packages and
promotions is available at the Front Desk and that staff are
knowledgeable on such. Adjust the hotel system as requested.
- Review the daily business levels, anticipate critical
situations, and plan effective solutions to best expedite these
situations. Initiate room assignments for group arrival and prepare
keys in advance. - Assist with reservations and week billing for
extended stay guests.
- Monitor performance of all Front Office staff in all phases of
service and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried
out to departmental standards; rectify any deficiencies with
respective personnel; verify night audits are balanced daily and
proper reports are submitted to corporate office.
- Ensure security of guest room access; follow key control
- Review communication logs and ensure that guest requests are
met. Check for repetitive problems and follow through on any
unresolved requests. Communicate with housekeeping to confirm
issues have been handled appropriately.
- Monitor and ensure that all cashiering procedures comply with
policies and standards. Assist with daily deposits as
- Meet with departing MOD's/Supervisors to review and follow up
- Access all functions of the computer system according to
established procedures and standards.
- Keep all A/R and Direct Bill accounts accurate and current.
Assist in researching all credit card issues, charge backs,
overcharges, and disputed charges. Contact guests where required to
explain disputes regarding Front Desk procedures.
- Ensure that surrounding area hotels are audited daily for
status of rooms, rates, discount rates and packages. Maintain a
current list of available locations for walk in situations.
- Inspect V.I.P. arrival rooms as required, ensuring compliance
with standards. Inspect guest rooms as needed to accommodate early
- Complete a property walk to inspect guest room floors, public
areas, and restrooms. Rectify deficiencies with respective
- Ensure work orders for maintenance repairs are completed and
submitted to Engineering. Contact Engineering directly for urgent
- Schedule regular meetings for the Front Office staff.
- Monitor front desk staff to ensure proper uniforms and general
appearance standards of Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center are
- Effectively schedule staff based on business level and control
labor to stay within budgeted guidelines -Other Duties
- Attend and participate in all property and department
- Coordinate and/or assist other departments to meet a guest
- Train others on the functions and tasks of this position as
- Report on accidents, injuries, near misses and property damage
- Perform special projects based on capabilities and knowledge
- High School diploma or GED preferred. Some post high school
education in a field related to hospitality may accelerate
- One to two years of prior front experience required. Some
supervisory experienced preferred but not required.
- Read and follow the rules and procedures provided in the
employee handbook -Technical Skills and Abilities
- Have knowledge of all hotel emergency procedures especially
fire prevention and emergency procedures
- Be familiar with the computer systems and electronic machines
used to carry out the tasks of this position. Use protective
- Ability to identify departmental training needs and arrange for
such training to be provided.
- Ability to focus attention on details, to suggestively sell
available rooms, to remain calm and courteous with
demanding/difficult guests and/or situations.
- -Ability to perform job functions to standards under
pressure.Benefits of working at Stoney Creek Hotels - -
- Paid Onboarding - -
- Paid Training - -
- 401k plan with Safe Harbor Match - - -
- eligible for the first open enrollment after 90 days - -
- Paid Holidays for holidays worked (double time!) - -
- Hotel room discounts - -
- Opportunities for career progression - -
- A thriving culture that provides genuine hospitality - -
- The ability to own and empower your work
- Join a great team of like-minded individuals who work hard -and
-smart at the same time - -If you are a -full-time -employee, -you
will also receive these benefits in addition to the amazing
benefits above: - - -
- Health and Dental through Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield and
Vision through Avesis anywhere from a single to a family policy - -
- eligible the first of the month following 60 days of employment
- Paid vacation and sick leave
Keywords: Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center, La Crosse,, Rochester , Front Desk Supervisor, Other , Onalaska, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!