Business Services - Prior Authorization
Company: Olmsted Medical Center
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Description1.0 FTE - Day Shifts
This position is 100% on-site.
- Minimum of an Associates Degree in a Business-related field or
equivalent experience required
- Excellent computer skills, Medical Terminology experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of accounts receivable preferred
- Sets up insurance utilizing Epic system.
- Verifies benefit coverage for procedures, including
- Completes pre-certification and pre-notification
- Interacts with clinicians, nursing, and hospital
- Answers patient questions including billing and account
- Remains calm and de-escalates crucial conversations.
- Reviews medical documentation to meet insurance
- Assists patients needing financial counseling including
education regarding available programs.
- Assist with Financial Assistance, MNsure, and HPE.
- Responsible for facilitating the referral process both
internally and externally.
- Other duties as assigned.
At Olmsted Medical Center, we value our employees and are committed
to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. To
keep up with the evolving trends, Olmsted Medical Center offers the
following for employees who are employed at a 0.5 FTE or
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employer Paid Short-Term Disability and Long-Term
- Adoption Assistance Plan
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Olmsted Medical Center, Rochester , Business Services - Prior Authorization, Other , Rochester, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!