Claims Adjuster - Remote MN
Company: Brown & Brown, Inc.
Location: Minnesota Lake
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Built on meritocracy, our unique company culture rewards
self-starters and those who are committed to doing what is best for
Lancer Claims Services specialize in the handling of liability
insurance claims with an emphasis on errors and omissions claims.
With over 35 years of experience providing innovative claim
management solutions, our clients can expect personalized service
and exceptional results from a team of dedicated professionals.
The main duty of the Claims Adjuster is to adjust difficult losses
for the program to which they are assigned.
- The Claims Adjuster is involved in complicated programs that
generate high awareness among the client, the underwriting carrier,
the sponsoring company, and CalSurance. The Claims Adjuster will
often be called upon to make presentations to these groups.
- Research applicable coverage for our insureds. Document
coverage dates, limits, and restrictions.
- Identify and resolve any potential coverage questions. Draft
reservation of rights and coverage denials for review and approval
by the Coverage Senior Claims Adjuster.
- Secure supporting documentation for assigned claims, e.g.:
insured's file materials and notes, underwriting guidelines,
underwriting carrier's investigation package, phone logs, etc.
Investigate facts of underlying loss by securing statements and
supporting documentation such as copy of policy, police reports,
estimates of repair, new account profile, risk tolerance
- Exercise judgment in applying legal liability to assigned
claims and will have full settlement authority up to their specific
authority, which may vary from carrier to carrier.
- Assign defense counsel to answer and defend lawsuits when
appropriate. Monitor and direct defense counsel, independent
adjusters, and experts.
- Identify claims with potential exposure in excess of authority
and advise the Claims Supervisor/Team Lead.
- Handle claims within guidelines of the Fair Claims Practices
- Provide insureds, claimants and sponsoring companies with
regular updates on status of file handling.
- Discuss unique and complex files or issues with Claims
- This position may require routine or periodic travel which may
require the teammate to drive their own vehicle or a rental
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must acquire a Minnesota resident adjuster license within
90-days of hire and any other states as needed.
- 3-5 years claims handling experience required, professional
liability claims handling preferred.
- College degree (B.A or B.S.) required, J.D. helpful.
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated, and can handle
multiple and changing priorities, and have good organization
- Critical thinking and excellent communication skills are
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Outlook,
Word and Excel.
Our Company offers full time teammates a benefit package that
includes 401k plan, employee stock purchase plan, medical, dental,
vision and other voluntary products. Lancer Claims Services pays
for insurance licensing and related continuing education credits
for our teammates.
CalSurance Associates/Lancer Claims Services is a subsidiary of
Brown & Brown Inc., listed on the New York Stock Exchange, Brown &
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the
diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Keywords: Brown & Brown, Inc., Rochester , Claims Adjuster - Remote MN, Other , Minnesota Lake, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!