Location: Elk Mound
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Who We Are
Our work matters - robotics is transforming the world of commerce.
Every day our intelligent robots are responsible for getting food
and merchandise to thousands of stores across North America. We're
an industry changer - we created the first and only fully
autonomous, end-to-end supply chain solution. Today, we are driving
towards even bigger ideas - and we have the people, technology and
leadership to fully realize these aspirations. We have
theexcitement and ambition of a startup with the benefits and
resources of a proven organization.
In This Role:
- Ensure that the safety commitments in compliance with OSHA,
Symbotic, and our customers' processes and procedures are met
- Responsible for the troubleshooting of advanced system and
- Train and assist operators on overall system including
automated adapters, vertical lifts, automated robotic vehicles,
warehouse management systems, and other IT problems.
- Ability to step in and effectively backfill key Symbotic
- Monitor health of the automated adapters, vertical lifts, and
automated robotic vehicles.
- Communicating technical concepts clearly and concisely to site
teams and customers.
- Document and report issues to engineering teams and work with
them on a solution.
- Assist in escalation as required to support teams to solve
production impacting problems.
- Participate in the initiatives for continuous improvement,
standardization and improvement of the warehouse automation
solution, in a context of change focused on production.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical, computer or software
engineering or in Automation Engineering or related
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with automated systems.
- Troubleshooting of automated systems.
- Familiarity with several of the following specialties and a
willingness to learn all of them:
- PLC (Allen Bradley, Siemens)
- Robot (ABB)
- Software languages (SQL, Linux, Python)
- Industry Standard Continuous Improvement and Operational
- Excellent hands-on experience with assembling, operating and
troubleshooting robotics and electro-mechanical systems.
- Being able to work under pressure and in an environment of
- Proven success working with customers and other internal and
- Effective detail-oriented communicator.
- A desire to learn new equipment and assist team members as
- Able and willing to assist other team members with physical
work as necessary (light maintenance, troubleshoot and operate
robotic equipment, move boxes by hand, if required).
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual presentation
- Takes critical feedback and recognition positively.
- Team player.
Symbotic is an automation technology leader reimagining the supply
chain with its end-to-end, AI-powered robotic and software
platform. Symbotic reinvents the warehouse as a strategic asset for
the world's largest retail, wholesale, and food & beverage
companies. Applying next-gen technology, high-density storage and
machine learning to solve today's complex distribution challenges,
Symbotic enables companies to move goods with unmatched speed,
agility, accuracy and efficiency. As the backbone of commerce the
Symbotic platform transforms the flow of goods and the economics of
supply chain for its customers. For more information, visit
We are a community of innovators, collaborators and pioneers who
embrace our differences, because we know unique perspectives make
us stronger and smarter. Every perspective matters. We depend on
the collective voices of our employees, customers and community to
help guide us as we build a better place to work - for you and the
world. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity
We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity,
gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Associated topics: bsee, diagram, electrician, kv, msee, plc,
schema, signal processing, solar, stationary engineer
Keywords: Symbotic, Rochester , Automation Engineer, Other , Elk Mound, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!