Company: Return Co.
Posted on: November 24, 2022
POSITION SUMMARYThe Operations Supervisor oversees Return's
fertilizer and compost field operations and supervises the daily
workflow of the department. The Operations Supervisor is
responsible for facilitating maintenance and repairs to equipment
as well as overseeing the fleet. They provide dispatch information
to truckers and field operations for the entire department, and
perform -field operations as needed. The Operations Supervisor
works with the Operations Manager and other leaders to identify and
address inefficiencies and opportunities for cost reduction.
- Compensation: -$25.00-$30.00 per hour depending on
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision insurance, 401K, paid time
off, paid holidays, paid volunteer time -ABOUT RETURNWe're a leader
in the organic and sustainable soil and gardening business that
cares deeply about our people, planet, and soil. We provide a
viable alternative to synthetic growing products that encourage
soil regeneration to help grow healthier food, people and planet. -
-Not to mention, we're a certified! - - -POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees daily activities and crew operations to maximize
scheduling and real-time utilization of resources. -
- Interfaces with operations management to ensure smooth
coordination of scheduling and maximization of schedule adherence;
provides input on local conditions, identifies needs, and receives
direction on real-time staffing increases or decreases.
- Analyzes and recommends the hiring need for part-time,
flexible, and full-time employees.
- Enacts contingency plans as needed; escalates and directs
activities during unforeseen problems; -identifies potential
problem areas, troubleshoots or escalates issues to management, and
participates in post-mortem analysis of problems providing input
for future process improvements.
- Participates in daily, weekly, monthly, and annual planning
processes as appropriate.
- Keeps Operations Manager promptly and fully informed of all
problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt
corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses
of action which may be taken.
- Ensures proper training of personnel and performs all necessary
supervisory functions to effectively and efficiently manage the
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company
employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious
working climate that promotes high employee morale, productivity,
- Projects a favorable image of the company to promote its
objectives and foster and enhance public recognition and acceptance
of all of its areas of endeavor.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or
requested.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. -
-ABILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- Four years of experience involving the use of medium and heavy
equipment, two of which must have been related to construction,
agricultural, or fertilizer application.
- Experience supervising, coaching and developing staff.
- Proficient in computer applications and systems, including G
Suite, Fleetio fleet management software, and iPhone or
- CDL A strongly preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates a willingness to uphold our company values.
- Elevates team members through collaboration and
- Fosters growth and improvement throughout the
- Discovers new ways to perform old tasks and improve
- Takes personal responsibility and possesses a curious
- Takes initiative to proactively communicate.
- Demonstrates a willingness to uphold our ongoing efforts to
leave the planet better than we found it. -WORK ENVIRONMENTWhile
performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in
outside weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold. The
employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is
frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions and vibration. The
employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is
occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or
caustic chemicals, dust, and risks of electrical shock. The noise
level in the work environment is usually loud. This role routinely
uses technology such as computers, tablets, phones, and operations
systems. -PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to sit, talk and listen. The employee is constantly
required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate
objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. This
position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending,
kneeling, stooping, crouching, balancing, crawling, and climbing
all day.The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds
and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus. -EXPECTED HOURS OF WORKThis is a full-time
position. Hours of work are generally Monday through Friday -45-50
-hours per week. Can require working on weekends with overtime pay
over 40 hours per week. -TRAVELTravel is primarily local during the
business day, although some out-of-the-area travel and overnight
may be expected. - -EEO StatementReturn provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.Powered by
Keywords: Return Co., Rochester , Operations Supervisor, Other , Stewartville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!