CNC Machine Operator 2nd Shift
Location: Albert Lea
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Location: Albert Lea, MN Shift: 2nd Shift Mon-Thurs 2:45pm-1am OT
when neededStatus: Non-Exempt Type: Full-timeCNC Set-up and operate
numerically controlled machine tools with single and/or multiple
spindles in a safe manner. A CNC Machine Operator will monitor and
control the quality of machining processes by utilizing process
control tools such as; control charts and statistical process
controls. Maintain the production processes and work within the
expected efficiencies that are established for the product from CNC
- A CNC Machine Operator will read blueprints, drawings,
specifications and shop orders for all manufactured parts. i.e.,
dimensions, tolerances, inspection, number of parts to be machined
and tooling instructions such as; cutting speeds, feed rates, depth
of cuts, and cutting tools required.
- Use machine controls to cycle machine through; production
operations, set-up, adjusting tool positions, and changing tools.
Also to review machine operating criteria such as cycle time and
- Change, position and secure tools in tool holders by utilizing
tool monitoring system and presetting equipment.
- A CNC Machine Operator will perform first piece sample
inspection according to the operation control plan. By utilizing
qualified measuring devices, the machinist monitors the part
dimensions through continuous checking of part features and process
control tools (such as SPC).
- Maintain all lubricants and coolants on the machine that are
used in daily operation.
- Keep work area clean.
- Punching, employing recognized tooling and procedures where
tolerances are close.
- Assist lower-level operators to develop skills and to produce
production parts to spec.
- A CNC Machine Operator will operate all common machine shop
equipment, CNC Machine, and hand tools skillfully.
- Machine set up, adjustments and check out programming and
operates machines to perform a series of progressive machining
operations to exact tolerances and finish specifications requiring
- Sets up machines for less skills machine operators.
- Produces precision items beyond the capabilities of production
- Oversees production area to make sure machine operators are
sweeping daily, disposing of scrap properly, and maintaining the
workplace in a safe and orderly manner.
- The CNC Machine Operator is required to be on their feet for up
to twelve hours using their hands to handle or feel objects, tools,
or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear around
machinery. They will also be required to frequently walk, sit,
stoop, kneel or crouch.
- The CNC Machine must be capable of lifting and moving up to 15
pounds; frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus on optical
- Individuals will work near moving mechanical parts of machinery
and electrically activated devices.
- Individuals are occasionally exposed to airborne
- Perform math skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication,
- Knowledge of decimals, fractions, and metric/English
- Overtime is typically voluntary. However during busy production
periods overtime will be required.
- Operate overhead hoist/crane to assist with the lifting parts
into and out of the fixture.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities that result in
reducing variation and waste in the manufacturing process.
- Using a specified training format, work closely in training new
- Other duties as assigned for CNC Machine Operator
- Requires passing a pre-employment screening, which includes a
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent, and must be 18
years of age or older.We offer the following:--- Medical &
Short-Term Disability- Low premium rates!--- HRA - 100% Employer
Contribution, helps pay medical deductible!--- Free Clinic - For
covered employees and their dependents!--- Long Term Disability &
Life Insurance - 100% Employer Paid!--- Personal Time Off - We let
you use before you accrue!--- Tuition Reimbursement - Up to $4,000
per year!--- Paid Holidays - Eligible on 1st day of employment!---
401K and ESOP - Stock ownership retirement funds are invested for
you with no contribution from employee.--- Profit Sharing - Share
the company's profit!--- $2.00 Shift Premium for 2nd and 3rd shift
- Best shift premium in our region!--- Clean and safe work
environment. (MNSHARP Approved Worksites)--- Non-Union (Employee
Keywords: Innovance, Rochester , CNC Machine Operator 2nd Shift, Other , Albert Lea, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!