Assembly Machine Operator - 2nd Shift
Location: Albert Lea
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Location: Lou-Rich Albert Lea, MN Status: Non-Exempt Hourly Type:
Shift: 2nd Shift Monday - Thursday 3:15pm until 1:30am OT on
Fridays and or weekends when business warrants
A Machine Operator in Assembly will set-up and operate numerically
controlled machine tools with single and/or multiple spindles in a
safe manner. Monitor and control the quality of machining processes
by utilizing process control tools such as; control charts and
statistical process controls. A Machine Operator will maintain the
production processes and work within the expected efficiencies that
are established for the product.
- Read blueprints, drawings, specifications and shop orders for all
manufactured parts. i.e., dimensions, tolerances, inspection,
number of parts to be machined and tooling instructions such as;
cutting speeds, feed rates, depth of cuts, and cutting tools
- Use machine controls to cycle machine through; production
operations, set-up, adjusting tool positions, and changing tools.
Review machine operating criteria such as cycle time and spindle
- Change, position and secure tools in tool holders by utilizing
tool monitoring system and presetting equipment.
- Perform first piece sample inspection according to the operation
control plan. By utilizing qualified measuring devices, the
machinist monitors the part dimensions through continuous checking
of part features and process control tools (such as SPC).
- As a Machine Operator you will maintain all lubricants and
coolants on the machine that are used in daily operation.
- Keep work area clean.
- Punching, employing recognized tooling and procedures where
tolerances are close.
- Assist lower-level operators to develop skills and to produce
production parts to spec.
- Operates all common machine shop equipment and hand tools
- A Machine Operator will be responsible for machine set up,
adjustments and check out programming and operates machines to
perform a series of progressive machining operations to exact
tolerances and finish specifications requiring considerable
- Sets up machines for less skills machine operators.
- As a Machine Operator you will produces precision items beyond
the capabilities of production machine operators.
- Oversees production area to make sure machine operators are
sweeping daily, disposing of scrap properly, and maintaining the
workplace in a safe and orderly manner.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED and be at least 18 years of
- Requires a thorough knowledge of advanced shop mathematics,
inspection processes, and precision measuring instruments
- Requires a high degree of experience and trade skill
- Requires a thorough knowledge of machine shop practices and
- Requires a passing pre-employment screening, including a drug
Keywords: Innovance, Rochester , Assembly Machine Operator - 2nd Shift, Other , Albert Lea, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!