Regional Continuous Improvement Specialist (PA, WV, VA) / (IL , MI, WI)
Company: Northwest Hardwoods, Inc.
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Department: Continuous ImprovementWork Schedule: M-F, Hybrid
Schedule (On Site / Remote)Compensation: Salaried Base Pay, Annual
Bonus IncentiveLocation: Pittsburgh area (PA, WV, VA) / Chicago
area (IL, MI, WI)
Northwest Hardwoods Overview:Northwest Hardwoods is the leading
manufacturer of hardwood lumber in North America, as well as a
leading supplier of panel products from around the world. A fully
integrated, global supplier of wood products, NWH serves the
furniture, flooring, cabinet, molding, and millwork industries.The
company has invested in growth which has established strong
functional organizations (Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Finance, HR,
Marketing) to support the four business units (East, West,
Specialty, and International).Position Summary:Reporting to the
Director of Continuous Improvement and Quality, the Regional
Continuous Improvement Specialist will be responsible for the
support and implementation of NWH's Continuous Improvement
activities in one of the Regions: Appalachian (PA, WV, VA) /
Glacial (IL, MI, WI).This position will be part of the Corporate CI
Team and has no direct reports. The scope of the Regional
Continuous Improvement will be comprised of 6 to 7 Sites
(eventually more) and will be preferably located in one Site within
the Region, with occasional remote work.This individual will work
in alignment with the Regional Manufacturing Director and will
support the Site Managers in the development and implementation of
the CI methods, delivering trainings, facilitating kaizen events,
applying Lean tools, and supporting the execution of improvement
projects to create a sustained culture which delivers year over
year improvements to quality, operational and financial
performance.Leadership Responsibilities:In this role you will lead
indirect reports through influence and trust by understanding the
perspective of others and finding common ground.This person will
manage improvement projects and provide development and guidance to
the Site Managers, Site Leaders, and Operators.This person must be
able to engage people, clearly communicate objectives and planned
activities, leading and working as part of the team.Key
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead the implementation of CI programs and projects.
- Evaluate the needs of current state vs. future state to assess
and define where we currently are and define initiatives to help
achieve the desired future states.
- Build strong working relationships with the Site Managers and
their direct reports, to implement the programs and capabilities
that deliver the required outcomes and develop a CI culture.
- Lead and coordinate capturing, defining, and implementing best
practices that aligns with our strategic objectives.
- Monitor and report on initiatives and their performance against
the agreed KPIs and provide support to improve upon KPIs as
- Provide regular reporting on progress and analysis of trends to
KPIs and initiatives to the Director of Continuous Improvement and
Quality and Regional Manufacturing Directors as appropriate.
- Identify innovative process methods to improve productivity,
OTD, Quality, Lead Time, Waste Reduction, First Pass Yield,
- Establish and maintain relationships via business meetings,
phone conversations, presentations, etc.
- Embody and demonstrate NWH's core values: Safety, Quality,
People, Stewardship, and Innovation.
- Other duties may be assigned.Basic Qualifications:
- 3+years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience leading projects with no formal authority
over the team involved.
- Must possess strong organizational, problem-solving, data
driven decision-making and time management skills with ability to
manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback and the
capability to be self-motivated and work independently with
initiative and assertiveness.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops
alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication
skills for audiences at all levels.Preferred Qualifications:
- Lean / CI Professional Certification (preferred) or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
- Travel up to 60% of the time. Depending on the base location,
and the Region.Candidates who meet the above qualifications will be
considered further.Perks & Benefits:
- Medical Plans/Dental Coverage/Vision Coverage
- Prescription Plans
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Benefit
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability Benefit
- 401k Retirement Saving with Company Match
- Health Saving Account (HSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Engagement Center Support
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Employee Engagement Events and Activities
- Employee Referral Bonus (No cap)Additional
Information:Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status.ExperienceRequired
- 5 year(s): Project ManagementPreferred
- 2 year(s): Managing PersonnelEducationPreferred
- Bachelors or better in Systems/Industrial Engineer or related
Keywords: Northwest Hardwoods, Inc., Rochester , Regional Continuous Improvement Specialist (PA, WV, VA) / (IL , MI, WI), Other , Onalaska, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!