Company: Monarch Healthcare Management
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY:The PCA position in the Assisted
Living Facility provides quality, direct tenant care in all
activities of daily living including, but not limited to, dressing,
grooming, bathing, feeding, toileting, transferring, walking and
positioning. With direction from the Licensed professional Nurse in
coordination with the interdisciplinary team, the PCA provides
individualized physical, psychological and social support to
tenants while maintaining dignity and meeting their needs and
expectations. The PCA interacts with tenants, family, visitors and
other members of the assisted living health care team. They further
do light housekeeping and wait staff duties as neededDUTIES:
- Follow service plan for each tenant, including daily living
functions of dressing, grooming, toileting and all needs as tenant
- Assists with dining services as needed, including escorting
tenants to and from meals, feeding, and distributing snacks.
- Assists tenants with transfers in and out of bed and chairs as
necessary using correct transfer procedures and equipment.
- Makes rounds at night as scheduled to assure safety of all
- Immediately communicates to nurse any significant changes in
the tenant's condition.
- Responds timely and efficiently to tenants' calls.
- Reminds/assists tenants to take medication that is set up in
- Provides laundry services when necessary per Service
- Returns laundry to the correct tenant and puts in correct
- Provides light housekeeping tasks for each tenant's
- Measures weight and height of tenants.
- Monitors and records vital signs.
- Under directions of RN, may give a scheduled medication, PRN
medication, and insulin injections.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Must be
able to pass competencies for the PCA by Monarch, prior to
providing hands on care. Must have experience in a health care
related field. Must be able to take written and verbal instruction
from supervisors. Must be able to communicate with tenants,
visitors and staff.Must qualify for employment, after criminal
background check, per guidelines of the Minnesota Department of
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Monarch Healthcare Management, Rochester , PCA, Other , Mapleton, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!