Company: Windstream Communications
Location: New Hampton
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Windstream is a leading provider of advance network
communications and technology solutions for consumers, small
businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across
the U.S. About the Role:As a Materials Coordinator on the Kinetic
Engineering and OSP Construction team you are the owner for all
things related to construction materials and inventory including
accurate completion of picking and staging construction materials
daily and completing system shipping to account for job numbers and
inventory accuracy. In this role you will report to and work
closely with the Materials Manager to complete daily cycle counts
and assist with loading and unloading shipments. You will manage
inbound receipts and provide shortage, overage or damage
information to the Materials Manager as needed. You are also
responsible for scheduling freight pick-ups and completing all
required documentation for bill of ladings or manifests.What You'll
- Perform tasks related to dock and stock work including picking,
packing, unpacking, and shipping.
- Perform tasks related to staging materials for upcoming
- Load and unload materials from pallets, trucks or cartons and
ensure they are moved to proper stock keeping locations.
- Count, weigh, and verify materials.
- Schedule and prepare documentation for outbound freight
- Handle and move material using hand trucks, electric dolly,
forklift, or other devices; stack or assemble materials.
- Prepare records of material received, perform cycle audit
counting, and assist in performance of more complex tasks.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace and perform stock location
- Maintain proper system accounting and account coding of all
- Maintain appropriate stocking levels of
- Adhere to established safety practices and
Job RequirementsDo You Have?
- Experience working with radio-frequency devices to scan and
record inventory transactions.
- Ability to begin work or undertake a project on your own
initiative, without needing to be told or encouraged to do so.
- Experience with warehouse management software and systems, MS
Office products, especially Excel, to perform daily duties.
- An appreciation for working in a team environment and ability
to effectively work with others.
- Ability to read and comprehend written materials easily.
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously and work in a
- Ability to adhere to all safety precautions and
- Ability to adapt to changes in working conditions and solve
- Ability to lift heavy materials, at times exceeding 50 pounds
and climb ladders.
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to work in inclement weather
- High School diploma or equivalent and 4 years' experience with
3 years directly related to the job. College hours or a college
degree may be substituted for some experience as deemed
appropriate. Even Better:
- Experience managing construction materials and inventory
- Previous experience operating warehouse material handling,
including forklifts.Our Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Identity Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
EEO Statement: Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At
Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our
people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected
veteran status, current military status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, citizenship
status, or any other status protected by law, and to give full
consideration to qualified disabled individuals and protected
veterans. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation
and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to
post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
Keywords: Windstream Communications, Rochester , Material Coordinator, Other , New Hampton, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!