Day Service Specialist - Float - $1,000 HIRING BONUS
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Are you looking for a job in the Human Services field that is
both satisfying and rewarding, but will also leave your nights,
weekends and holidays free?
MRCI is looking for dependable people that enjoy working with
others, can problem solve using sound common sense, and have a
sense of humor. This is a full-time position with day time hours.
This position will allow you to give back to the community while
having flexibility, full-time benefits, training, and advancement
Pay will range from $15.18-$20.49, depending on previous
Position Perks: $1,000 Hiring Bonus, Company Vehicle, Computer and
Cell Phone Provided, 12 Paid Holidays, Health, Dental and Vision
Insurance, 10 Vacation Days and 10 Sick Days, 403b Retirement with
company match, and Health Savings Account (HSA) with company
Job Summary:The Day Service Specialist - Float is responsible for
the development and implementation of community-based,
person-centered day service plans. This position does not carry a
designated case load, instead will travel throughout MRCI service
areas covering a radius of 150 miles to provide coverage for
absences and to assist other team members. As a strong
communicator, the Day Service Specialist - Float will also ensure
regular communication with clients, client teams, funders,
employers, co-workers and community members as well as closely
tracking all day services activity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, plans and coordinates individualized, community-based
leisure activities for program participants to promote greater
community independence, skills and social interaction.
- Provides daily direct support to clients with disabilities
and/or disadvantages. Duties may include medication administration,
use of adaptive equipment, personal care support, and driving.
- Travels throughout MRCI service areas to provide coverage for
absences and to assist other MRCI program teams, as determined by
day service leaders on a day-to-day basis and transports clients in
personal and/or business vehicle.
- Coordinates services and meetings for individuals and ensures
information is effectively communicated. Completes paperwork and
- Monitors assigned day support service programming to analyze
efficiency and effectiveness and implements changes to maximize
effectiveness of the program.
- Recruits, retains and recognizes a range of volunteers in
- Utilizes technology and processes to ensure timely
communication and makes cold calls.
- Works independently, and does so while collaborating with a
team and meeting personal goals.
- A degree in a human services related field, plus a minimum of
one year of related work experience, preferably working with person
with disabilities; OR a High School diploma/equivalent, plus two
years of related work experience, preferably working with persons
with disabilities in a direct care setting.
- Preference for individuals with a proven successful history in
group facilitation as well as one-one-training facilitation.
- Sales and customer service experience preferred.
- Be sensitive to the needs of individuals with
- Must possess excellent communication and problem solving
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer based office software.
- Must have a valid driver's license with reliable transportation
and the ability to drive up to 1.5 hours to and from assigned
location on any given day.
- Must pass a background check through the Department of Human
Services and clear a physical exam that proves you meet the demands
of the job.
MRCI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: MRCI, Rochester , Day Service Specialist - Float - $1,000 HIRING BONUS, Other , Mapleton, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!