Supervisor Field Operations - Mason City, IA or Webster City, IA
Location: Mason City
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
/lumentechnologies.The RoleThe Supervisor Region Operations
responsibilities are to manage technicians in specific service
areas, and to provide quality residential and business
communications services on a profitable basis while adhering to
company policies, procedures and directives. Develop and maintain
an aggressive, knowledgeable, customer-focused team that promotes
and sells Lumen products and services while providing a service
experience that exceeds the customer's expectations.The Main
- Manage the daily operation of outside and inside plant
technicians whose work includes the installation and maintenance of
residential, business, central office as well as design services
and splicing activities.
- You will serve as the single point of contact between Lumen and
Contractors to resolve issues arising during the construction
and/or maintenance process.
- Motivates team for continuous improvement and achievement of
- This includes a major emphasis on training, coaching and
development of employees with regards to new processes and quality
standards, customer contact, safety, expense control and technical
- Will represent Lumen with customers and governmental
- Collaborates with others to achieve a win-win working
- Celebrates successes, appropriately uses rewards and
recognition.What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 4+ years of telecommunications industry experience which
demonstrates a basic knowledge of telephony, outside plant
construction, repair practices and current knowledge of digital
- Basic knowledge of emerging and advanced communications
technologies including Ethernet, XDSL, XPON, Wireless.
- Effective communication, which involves clearly conveying,
delivering and receiving direction.
- Work leadership experience that demonstrates involvement in
planning, directing and monitoring the work of others and ability
to build group commitment to company goals and objectives.
- Work experience that demonstrates strong analytical and/or
- Computer skills are required including Excel, Outlook, Word,
PowerPoint, Workflow, GPS, and Inventory systems.
- Working knowledge and experience with Contractor
- Works in a consultative manner with others, i.e. establish
rapport, interview/fact-find, present options/recommend solutions,
follow-up and customer focused behavior.
- Previous experience in a multi-tasking, result oriented
position in a deadline focused department.
- Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving
- 2 - 4 years of experience managing teams within a technical
- 2+ years of experience with installation, maintenance, and
repair of POTS and HSI.
- 2+ years' experience with contractor/vendor relations.
- 2+ years of experience with Excel, email and legacy
- Duty Management work will be scheduled on a rotation basis and
pager duty will be required.
- Requires varying tours and hours including possible mandatory
overtime and holidays.
- Must perform work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple projects and perform under
- Must negotiate timeframes for completion and meet critical
- Must be willing and able to work with other co-workers to
complete job assignments.What to Expect NextBased on your job
application information you may be given the opportunity to
complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will
include a set of questions for you to record a response to in
addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is
a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now
not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a
link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that
you complete this within 5 days of your application
date.Requisition #: 265712EEO Statement
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary RangeSalary Min :72540Salary Max :161520This information
reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based
on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on
location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other
relevant factors.This position is eligible for either short-term
incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also
are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus
structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to
answer any additional questions you may have as you move through
the selection process.As part of our comprehensive benefits
package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary
Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical,
mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by
clicking here.Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and
ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement
provisions.Salary RangeSalary Min :72540Salary Max :161520This
information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based
on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's
location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual
experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage
you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which
you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to
discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
Keywords: Lumen, Rochester , Supervisor Field Operations - Mason City, IA or Webster City, IA, Other , Mason City, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!