Hiring Now! Finishing Operator
Company: Multi-Color Corporation
Posted on: October 12, 2021
Multi-Color is one of
the largest and most awarded label companies in the world,
servicing segments such as Home & Personal Care, Food & Beverage,
Wine & Spirits and Consumer Durables. A true global leader, our
state-of-the-art facilities operate in over 26 countries.
Our 10,000+ employees are guided by our
core values: Integrity, Passion, Creativity,
andAchievement. These values constantly
guide our interactions and decision making at Multi-Color!
Join us today!
- Assists in operating a machine to prepare printed material /
labels for packing.
- Work closely with Operators to ensure efficient production
times by helping to make, tape and pack boxes.
- Verifies at the start of the run and at the beginning of each
shift that the correct packaging case, case count, and packing
method, are being used.
- Ensure that correct cases are drawn from the warehouse and are
available in sufficient quantities to allow uninterrupted
production. When cases are returned to the warehouse, verify that
the correct date and count are on the tag.
- Inspect cartons during the run and inform the Operator of all
- Pack rolls or sheeted jobs and place on skid.
- Assist in loading any material needed into machine.
- Use good judgment and “best for business” tactics when dealing
with trouble shooting problems and opportunities.
- Apply Lean philosophy through Kaizen event participation,
improvement activities and lean initiatives to support corporate
- Assist in participating in Root Cause Countermeasure activities
to identify areas where improvement is needed and put a plan in
motion to address those areas.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts in value stream
to ensure waste reduction, cost savings, increase speed, and on
- Maintain housekeeping activities including cleaning machine and
work area, follow 6S process: Safety, Sort, Set, Shine,
Standardize, and Sustain.
Duties may be change or additional duties
assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Qualifications and Education
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) is
required. Equivalent knowledge and experience is preferred.
- Ability to communicate both written and orally in the English
- Able to work in a fast-paced, demanding production
- Mathematical skills such as measurement calculation, addition,
subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Basic computer skills.
- Physical requirements include ability to bend and lift up to 50
lbs. (20 lbs. repetitively), stand up to 12 hours, ability to
distinguish between colors, and good hand-eye coordination.
- Demonstrate willingness to accept direction from supervisors,
management, and peers.
- Willing to work OT and weekends as scheduled.
- Must be extremely trustworthy, flexible, and dependable with a
good attendance history.
- Self-motivated and able to perform with little direction.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to accurately complete
high volumes of work
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
Works in a manufacturing environment and
will be required to wear hearing, foot, and/or other personal
protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing
setting. May, on a continuous basis, stand for a long period of
time and stoop, bend, and kneel frequently. May handle, feel and
reach for items in and around press area and continuously grasp
product from a conveyor for up to 12 hours (4 hours at a time due
to breaks). Moderate to frequent walking and lifting and/or move up
to 50 lbs (20 lbs repetitively) is required. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close & distance vision,
ability to adjust focus, and ability to distinguish color
variations, peripheral and depth perception. The noise level in the
work environment is usually medium to loud. Must be flexible to
work varying schedules and hours as needed.
The physical demands described above are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Multi-Color Corporation, Rochester , Hiring Now! Finishing Operator, Other , Winona, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!