Quality Engineer I - WINONA1MN (168)
Company: Benchmark Electronics
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Benchmark provides comprehensive solutions across the entire
product lifecycle; leading through its innovative technology and
engineering design services, leveraging its optimized global supply
chain, and delivering world-class manufacturing services. The
industries we serve include: commercial aerospace, defense,
advanced computing, next generation telecommunications, complex
industrials, medical, and semiconductor capital equipment.
The Quality Engineer designs, installs, and evaluates Quality
Assurance (QA) process sampling systems, procedures, and
statistical techniques. Designs or specifies inspection and testing
mechanisms and equipment. Analyzes production and service
limitations and standards. Monitors manufacturing process,
fabrication, inspection, test and shipping activities. Recommends
revision of specifications. Formulates or helps formulate QA
policies and procedures and conducts training on QA concepts and
tools. Interfaces with all other engineering functions in Benchmark
and with customers and suppliers on quality-related issues.
- Assists with an analysis of routine contract requirements to
determine what quality characteristics are to be controlled;
manufacturing, inspection, test equipment required; special
controls of special processes; and special skills needed to ensure
their proper application.
- Validates SPC limits and controls. Audits process to ensure
proper use and corrective action when out-of-control limit is
- Reviews the contract data item descriptions and requirements
and assist with establishing the necessary controls to ensure
- Creates control plans that align to customer, product,
regulatory and sector requirements.
- Participates in pilot runs and preproduction runs; Assist with
a basic analysis of results.
- Reviews production and manufacturing specification processes to
ensure conformance to drawings specifications and contract
- Assist with the establishment of quality controls over all
production processes and testing during the product cycle.
- Participates in the generation and review of various types of
specification, drawings and Acceptance Test Procedures.
- Performs, when applicable, measurement capability and
correlation studies to ensure continual adequacy and
- Monitors special test programs on assemblies, components,
special processes, etc. due to design changes and/or problems
developing during the manufacturing cycle.
- Assists in inspection and testing of preproduction equipment to
ensure compliance with drawings, specifications and contract
requirements, prior to submittal, for customer acceptance.
- Prepares summaries and analysis of evaluations, together with
all pertinent charts, graphs, etc., under guidance of more senior
- Ensures that records/files are initiated and maintained in all
relevant documentation pertaining to Quality Assurance.
- Performs Quality Audits to determine the effectiveness of the
Quality Program and prepare audit reports.
- Participates in the verification (First Article Configuration
Inspection) of hardware versus drawing/specifications.
- Prepares reports and corrective action documentation, under
review of more senior engineers, in answer to Customer inquiries or
complaints regarding inspection, test and production
- Drives corrective, preventive and closure actions for project
issues related to quality and/or test nonconformance.
- Develops and improve the site's quality organization u2018s
ability to perform complex problem solving to more effectively
address customer complaints, service deviations and internal
- Performs analysis of reports and production data to identify
trends and recommend updates or changes to quality standards and
procedures when necessary.
- Drives/ Use Key Process Indicators (KPIs) to determine process
effectiveness, identify areas for improvement, best practices and
drive continuous quality improvement.
- Supports cross-functional teams in the execution and reporting
of quality improvement projects with a focus on overall process
improvements, scrap reduction and supplier quality
- Writes verification and validation documentation and conduct
required testing as needed.
- Assists in driving the standardization of manufacturing
processes of global customer accounts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective multitasking skills and the ability to take on
additional responsibilities as required
- Effective organization and prioritization skills
- Demonstrate high attention to detail
- Ability to work with diverse groups
- Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and guidance,
exercising discretion and independent judgment.
- Understanding of and ability to use continuous improvement
- Strong customer service and client focus
- Working knowledge of productivity tools, including Microsoft
Office products and WebEx conferencing software
- Proven ability to complete projects in a timely manner
- Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as
- Ability to work individually or in teams
- Understanding of and ability to use metrics and continuous
improvement tools (e.g. Defect per Million Opportunities (DPMO),
First Pass Yield (FPY), Defects per Million (DPM), Six Sigma,
Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), etc)
- Demonstrates knowledge of domestic and international
requirements, standards and regulations such as Food & Drug
Administration (FDA) Quality System Regulation (QSR) Part 820,
International Organization for Standardization (ISO), International
Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), International Automotive Task
Force (IATF), etc. Supports internal, corporate, notified body,
FDA, customer and other audits.
- 0-3+ years of electronics manufacturing experience
- 4 year Engineering or Technical degree preferred or equivalent
combination of education and experience as approved by executive
Work Schedule: M-F 0800-1700
Keywords: Benchmark Electronics, Rochester , Quality Engineer I - WINONA1MN (168), Other , Winona, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!