Pipeline Technician (Measurement) Ventura, IA
Company: Berkshire Hathaway Energy
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Pipeline Technician performs activities required to
successfully operate and maintain Northern Natural Gas compressor
stations and pipeline facilities. Pipeline Techs are multi-skilled
employees who perform highly technical work within a geographical
area on the largest interstate natural gas pipeline system in the
Technical Skill Areas:
- Controls - Install, maintain and troubleshoot programmable
logic controllers, human machine interfaces, motor control centers,
and medium and low voltage power distribution and pneumatic control
devices utilized in pipeline operations.
- Measurement - Program, maintain, operate and troubleshoot gas
measurement equipment including gas meters, control valves, relief
valves, regulators and associated software, as well as monitoring
gas and quality control equipment.
- Corrosion - Install, maintain and troubleshoot corrosion
protection equipment to ensure pipeline integrity. NACE CP1 Tester
certification is preferred.
- Mechanical - Install, maintain, troubleshoot, overhaul and
repair rotating and reciprocating compression equipment.
- Liquefied Natural Gas Operations - Ensure reliable operation
and maintenance of processes required to make liquefied natural
- Underground Storage Operations - Ensure reliable operation and
maintenance of processes required to store and deliver natural gas
from underground reservoirs.
- Compressor Station Operations - Ensure reliable operation of
compressor station equipment.
- Pipeline - Perform pigging operations, damage prevention
measures and pipeline right of way maintenance.
- Equipment Operation - Transport, inspect, maintain and operate
various mobile heavy equipment including backhoes, boom trucks,
semi-trucks, dump trucks, excavators, skid loaders, etc. Additional
endorsements for hazmat and liquefied natural gas transportation
- Welding - Pipeline welders must be qualified in API 1104 and
ASME standards to weld on natural gas pipelines. Structural welders
must be qualified in AWS standards.
- Environmental - Maintain environmental standards, environmental
activities and regulatory compliance for assigned locations.
Assist in performing scheduled preventative maintenance on
operational equipment at assigned facility. Recognize abnormal
operating conditions. Emergency response. Locate pipelines and
oversee third-party excavation and line crossings. Install and
inspect pipeline markers. Operate work equipment including but not
limited to power tools, hand tools, and specialized instruments
used in pipeline operations, maintenance, and repair of facilities.
Maintain and operate facilities in compliance with specifications,
codes, safety and environmental standards/records and company
operating procedures. Assist in maintaining records pursuant to
required state, federal, and company procedures. Review work
assignments with the team to ensure work is completed with
established safe work practices and reporting.
- Operate effectively in a team environment with a willingness to
support team and regional objectives.
- Gain knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT)
Regulations and follow as required.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with team
members, landowners, contractors, and external customers.
- Provide strong support as a team member in maintaining the
standards of safety procedures, environmental practices and
- Adapt to changes in priority.
- Ensure all compliance aspects of position are known and
followed. Understands and complies with all policies, codes and
regulations applicable to the position and Company.
An Associate of Applied Science degree in a technical
specialization is preferred. Ideal degrees include Associate of
Applied Science in aviation maintenance, diesel, natural gas,
compression, instrumentation, controls, electrical,
electro-mechanical or corrosion. A comparable undergraduate degree
with a technical specialization certification is applicable.
Typically four to six years of related, progressive work
experience would be needed for candidates applying for this
position who do not possess the education requirements.
Must have a valid driver's license.
Work schedules may vary with some positions requiring:
- Overtime and overnight stays away from home.
- On-call and rotating schedules.
- Availability for emergency response call out 24 hours per
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the
position, with or without an accommodation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
Northern Natural Gas Company
Keywords: Berkshire Hathaway Energy, Rochester , Pipeline Technician (Measurement) Ventura, IA, Other , Garner, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!