Posted on: June 9, 2021
Job Title: Service Meat Clerk FLSA: Non-Exempt
Location: Fulfillment Center Revision Date: 09/2016
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Wraps,
trims, stocks cases, and receives merchandise in the Meat and/or
Seafood Department. Rotates stock, stocks cases and places product
Accountable and Reports to:
Director; Manager Of; Human Resources/Accounting Manager;
Assistant Managers; Meat Manager; Meat Specialist
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to company policies and individual center
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Answers the telephone promptly when called upon and provides
friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking
- Maintains a positive attitude; creates an atmosphere of
friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork.
- Provides prompt efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important
- Wraps, weighs, and labels product.
- Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness,
then stocks cases or rotates product.
- Finishes trims on steaks, roasts, and chops in preparing these
retail cuts, including seafood for traying.
- Prepares and organizes seafood items.
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and
ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
- Replenishes and organizes the coolers.
- Reports out-of-stock products to appropriate personnel.
- Trays, slices, tenderizes, and grinds product.
- Removes trash in a timely manner.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in other areas of center as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as
- Washes dishes as necessary.
Education and Experience:
High School or equivalent experience, food safety training.
Three to six months of similar or related work.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally; exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently; and exert
up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be able to be on feet (standing and walking) for 6-8 hours
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision, and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved
written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures,
counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or
demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request
supplies orally or in writing.
This position is continually exposed to a cool environment and
dampness. There is frequent noise from the saws, exposure to
cleaning solvents, and possibility of electrical shock. This is a
fast paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Knives, Box Cutters, Grinders, Patty Maker, Tenderizer, Slicer,
Pallet jack, Tumbler, Wrapping system, Rotisserie, RPM, Telexon
ordering unit and C.A.R.S. system.
Has daily contact with suppliers/vendors, employees and office
personnel. Occasional contact with federal or state regulatory
agencies regarding inspections.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Rochester , Meat Clerk, Other , Fairmont, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!