An Opportunity to Grow with Us
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a great living and be
part of a thriving cross functional community? Do you welcome
challenges that allow you to leverage collaboration and autonomy to
create opportunities leading to great products? Would you enjoy
working in the world of fast-paced industrial technology? If so, we
have an outstanding opportunity for you to join our Watlow team
where we serve many of the world's largest companies with leading
technology and solutions.
Why Work at Watlow
Watlow is a global technology and manufacturing leader who
provides world class engineering expertise through innovative
thermal products and systems, enabling our customers to thrive. We
are making a positive impact every day as our solutions enrich the
lives of people everywhere. We have been providing breakthrough
thermal solutions for nearly a century. Our corporate values guide
us uncompromisingly to always do the right thing, continually learn
and improve, respect everyone and lead with service and
In the role of a Senior Electronic Technician you would be
located at our Winona Minnesota Manufacturing Center of Excellence
the home of Watlow's Electronics and Communication expertise.
About the Role
As a Senior Electronic Technician, you will provide technical
assistance to the New Product Development Team(s). This to include
Functional Verification and Validation of various products, such
as, Printed Circuit Boards Assemblies (PCBA's), Temperature
Controllers and Thermal Systems as well as executing required EMC,
Environmental, and UL Testing. You will have the opportunity to
influence the design of new products and systems, lead efforts in
improving testing efficiency, and be engaged with product
transition to manufacturing.
Your Key Responsibilities -
- Execute verification and validation tests per test plan in
order to qualify new or modified existing designs.
- Functional Testing
- Environmental Testing
- EMC Testing
- UL Testing
- HALT Testing
- Create procedures and standards for various technical
- Participate in design reviews of new product development and
lead efforts in test planning.
- Engage in continuous improvement activities to improve
efficiency of product development testing.
- Perform detailed failure analyses on production line/field
return products, in addition to providing feedback for design
- Provide coaching and feedback to less experienced
Required Qualifications -
- Two-year Technical degree or high school graduate and related
experience (3 - 5 years).
- Demonstrated in depth understanding of electronics.
Desired Qualifications -
- Demonstrated computer skills (MS Office, ability to install and
run various software programs).
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC).
- Ability to Automate Hardware tests using LabVIEW or other
Software Tools(Python, C#, etc).
- Experience with Automotive Standards and Tests.
- Experience with CAN Communications.
- Ability to use and understand Schematic Packaging tools.
Benefits: The Watlow Total Compensation Plan
The health, well-being and financial stability of you and your
family is a high priority to us. The Watlow Total Rewards Plan
includes competitive compensation and a full range of life and
career enhancing benefits:
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) plan that includes a company match on your contribution
and an annual company contribution that is tied to company
- Onsite wellness clinic
- Employee Personal Assistance Program
- Dental, medical, vision and short-term and long-term disability
- Paid holidays, personal time, and vacation
- Annual Achievement Award
Diversity & Inclusion
We proactively embrace diversity in all its dimensions across
our company and cultivate a culture of inclusion and forward
thinking that respects and reflects each team member's individual
strengths, views, and experiences. Watlow takes pride in being an
inclusive equal opportunity employer and considers for employment
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
We salute veterans for their service to our country and respect
the valuable skills, teamwork and leadership experiences they have
acquired during their tours of duty. We encourage veterans to join
Watlow and work alongside the many other veterans that we proudly
call team members today.
COVID & Safety
Watlow is committed to providing a safe and healthy working
environment for all of our current and prospective team members.
Your safety is our top priority. Our hiring process is a
combination of virtual telephone, in-person interviewing and
onboarding activities. Please let us know confidentially if you
need or require any special accommodations to participate in our
recruiting process by emailing us at accomodations@Watlow.com.
- 1241 Bundy Blvd, Winona, MN 55987, USA