Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and
distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated
grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities
throughout our organization where you can enhance your career,
sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be
part of an innovative team that's First in Food.
The purpose of the Tanker bay person is to transfer all edible
liquid egg meeting USDA and Company specifications for final
distribution. They are responsible for monitoring and documenting
all tanks and tankers ensuring all vessels are cleaned and
sanitized. This position is also cross-trained in the duties and
responsibilities of the inedible tanker bay, ensuring proper
removal of shells and inedible product. Proper procedures must be
followed and accurate checks and records must be kept. This person
must follow all company and USDA standards and ensure all tankers
and vessels are monitored and documented to meet those
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As Edible Tanker Bay Person:
- Coordinates with USDA all tanker cleaning and transfers of
liquid egg for shipment.
- Check the paperwork accompanying the tanker.
- Document on the Tanker Receiving Log - the date product is
received, the product you are receiving, if the product is raw or
pasteurized the USDA Certificate number, the person receiving the
load, the company receiving the load from, and the total number of
pounds of product receiving.
- Document and inspect the physical condition of the incoming
tanker for - cleanliness, temperature and smell- and take
corrective action as needed.
- Take a sample to the lab for testing.
- Control flow of egg via computer panel & associated flow boards
& piping in the old and new silo areas.
- Set up transfers by hooking a sanitized unloading hose to the
tail end of the tanker and unload the product to the proper silo or
- Ensure empty tanks and tankers are cleaned by the Clean in
Place (CIP) System.
- Communicate with the Cooked Department all edible egg
- Mix liquid egg product with ingredients.
- Assist in coordinating tanker shipments.
- Control the bulk receiving of chemicals.
- Ensure general good housekeeping for the area.
- Control the flow of inedible egg product to the inedible tanker
- Assist in other areas as needed including working in mixing
room mixing product as needed.
As Inedible Tanker Bay Person:
- Monitor augers and machinery in the shell room, ensuring they
are working properly.
- Monitor all chemical pumps, ensuring they are filled and
- Ensure general good housekeeping for the area, clean transfer
room floors and machinery and empty bad egg barrels.
- Clean tankers.
- Data entry and the paperwork required of the position.
- Fill in at all positions in the transfer room as needed.
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices becoming of a VPP
Star worksite, follow GMP and HACCP guidelines, maintain sanitary
conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained in order
to maintain SQF Level 3 certification. Report to management any
conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food
quality or personnel safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) Certification
- Driver's license
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Specific skills and abilities required that are not included in
- Should have approximately 1-year experience in the Breaking
Department with cross training in the tanker bay area under close
supervision. This person should have knowledge of production flow,
mixing, USDA and Company standards, and the CIP system, along with
the tanker bay area.
- Strong mechanical ability.
- Good reading and writing skills with the ability to follow
written and verbal instructions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with others and have good communication
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and Safety
Regulations and wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
for the area.
- Ability to work in wet environment with changing temperatures,
working indoors and out.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. safely.
- Follow Lock Out/Tag Out and Confined Space Entry
- Ability to climb unto tankers using a safety harness.
- Ability to work with chemicals safely.
- Ability to obtain Powered Industrial Truck (PIT)
- The equivalent combination of education and experience to
successfully perform the essential duties.
Ability to operate specific equipment or tools