Ultrasound Tech- PRN/Standby (hours vary every two weeks)
Company: Regional Health Services of Howard County
Posted on: June 9, 2021
- POSITION SUMMARY: Ultrasound Technologist is responsible for
the knowledge and capabilities to perform diagnostic sonographic
procedures utilizing ultrasonic equipment in various modes and
techniques to locate, evaluate, and record pertinent anatomical,
pathological and functional data. The ultrasound technologist will
assist the physicians and radiologists with imaging procedures and
perform imaging exams according to the accepted protocols.
Technologist will scan procedures independently while exercising
professional judgment in the performance of procedures.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DETAILED DUTIES:
- Completes all sonographic procedures as described in the
Ultrasound Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Schedules and coordinates tests for patients.
- Prepares and maintains operational logs for ultrasound.
- Operates imaging equipment and other equipment/devices
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of work-related area and
ensures equipment is in good working condition with quality control
- Helps resolve day to day issues within the radiology
- Evaluates images for technical quality.
- Responsible for service calls when equipment needs preventative
maintenance or issues have risen. Responsible for keeping track of
the preventative maintenance checks and notifying director when
equipment needs to be sent out for a PM.
- Monitors area for safety and uses safe practices.
- Maintains ultrasound policy and procedure manual in accordance
with Mercy North Iowa and the Radiologists of North Iowa ultrasound
- Identifies and safely transports patients to and from the
- Performs portable exams throughout the facility, as
- Monitors supplies, orders, and restocks area with supplies
necessary to perform imaging studies and with linen as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for patient records and file management.
Completes all paperwork, including scheduling, patient work-up,
patient consent, reports, filing, etc.
- Provides competent patient care to all populations by obtaining
and appropriately interpreting data, making appropriate decisions
based on knowledge of age-specific growth and development and
appropriately adapting procedures and treatments.
- Assists with quality assurance and maintains all records.
- Performs other responsibilities as required by the Director of
Expected to build and sustain effective working relations with
inter and intra departmental team members, patients, family
members, physicians, radiologists, radiology team members, etc.
- POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Prefer ultrasound certifications in: abdominal, OB/GYN, breast,
vascular (RVT), MSK, and cardiac sonographic imaging.
- Graduate of an Accredited Ultrasound Program preferred, or
current American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Minimum of 2 years ultrasound experience required.
- BLS (CPR) certified or obtained within 3 months of
Keywords: Regional Health Services of Howard County, Rochester , Ultrasound Tech- PRN/Standby (hours vary every two weeks), Other , Cresco, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!