DSM - Bright Science. Brighter Living.
Royal DSM is a global, purpose-led, science-based company active
in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM's purpose is to
create brighter lives for all. DSM addresses with its products and
solutions some of the world's biggest challenges while
simultaneously creating economic, environmental and societal value
for all its stakeholders - customers, employees, shareholders, and
society at large. DSM delivers innovative solutions for human
nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical
devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and
connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net
sales of about 10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The
company was founded in 1902 and is listed on Euronext
More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
DSM Nutritional Products has created a position that focuses on
customer excellence, while collaborating with manufacturing
Maintenance Technician - I&E
Find your passion here
Are you an Maintenance Technician that strives to meet
deadlines? Do you enjoy being part of a team with clear and
constant communication? You will work within our Maintenance Team
and side by side our Production team-are you ready to start making
You will perform specialized electric and instrument related
predictive and preventive maintenance equipment inspections;
troubleshoots, plans, installs and/or modifies plan equipment and
related systems in support of all functions at the Arcadia
You'll be responsible to:
- Troubleshoots, tests, repairs and/or adjusts equipment,
machines, or defective components, replacing worn parts, such as
gaskets or seals in equipment, including, but not limited to,
electronic devices, pumps/pumping systems, pneumatic controls,
manual and actuated valves, agitators/seals, and motor
- Develops and installs wire mods, start/stop stations,
electrical panels and cabinets, conduit (EMT & Rigid) and
- Installs, repairs, and calibrates electrical and
- Demonstrates proficiency with the operation and maintenance of
the plant utility equipment, to include air handling units HVAC,
hot water pumps, motors, electrical panels, environmental sensors,
coolers, boilers, air compressors, and substations.
- Operates machine shop equipment to include drill press,
grinder, milling machine, gas and electric welder, and power
- Calibrates testing instruments and installed or repaired
equipment to prescribed specifications.
- Inspects components of industrial equipment for accurate
assembly and installation or for defects, such as loose connections
or frayed wires.
- Plans the layout of electrical/electronic equipment
- Performs facility maintenance and maintains a clean and safe
- Assists by working overtime as needed and covers call-ins or
absences as necessary.
- Completes assigned PM work orders and work requests, including
proper completion of paperwork
- Responds to alarms, evaluates and corrects alarm
- Communicates maintenance status to Maintenance Team Lead or
Manager by informing him/her of any delays, equipment problems, or
deviations so that the issues can be addressed.
- Participates in developing and reviewing SHE requirements,
procedures, and instructions.
- Takes a leadership role on electrical and instrumentation
- Operates in accordance with Quality, Health, Environment and
Safety guidelines and instructions.
- Completes all tasks assigned to assist in the operation and
profitability of the company.
- Works to SHE standards and encourage fellow colleagues to work
to the same standards.
- Displays and promotes positive safety behaviors at all times;
use proper personal protective equipment, appropriate safety tools,
equipment and procedures to ensure that self and others go home
safe each day; that area and equipment operate at the highest
safety levels; that all people in the area comply with the safety
directives and keep the area neat and clean.
- Follows all SHE instructions and procedures to include
awareness of and following all DSM Life Saving Rules. Acts in such
a way that safety awareness and accident prevention are considered
in performing all tasks.
- Ensures that all personal safety, quality and assigned training
is up to date and in compliance.
- Supports and follows the policy of reporting incidents, near
misses and improvement possibilities.
- Encourages co-workers and management to improve SHE results and
- Ensures Quality procedures, Management Directives and Quality
improvement projects are supported and followed.
- Reports any quality deviations or non-conformances
- Actively participates in and supports all DICI activities and
encourages others to do the same.
- Ensures own behavior is in accordance with the Arcadia code of
Get the reward to match your passion
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to
improve people's lives and solving the challenges of today's world.
Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment
allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that
the on-going success of the company depends on the continued
development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and
competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team
competencies and performance.
At DSM, we Do Something Meaningful.
What we look for in you
We are looking for a team player with experience working in
Maintenance Role. A professional that is capable of completing
diagnostics/troubleshooting and preventative maintenance in a
timely manner and is able to work autonomously. A professional that
If you are team player and eager to learn and grow, we need
you!! If you want to make an impact and feel accomplished each day
after work.THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY!
What we like to see in your experience:
- The level of education generally necessary to effectively
handle the job's essential functions is a vocational or Associate
degree in Electromechanical/Industrial Maintenance or its
equivalent in experience and education.
- The level of experience generally necessary to effectively
perform the job's responsibilities is 1 or more years of related
- Previous diagnostic/troubleshooting and preventative
maintenance in a GMP biotech/pharmaceutical/ food environment
What's in it for you?
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a
rewarding career for a global business, plus a host of other
- Competitive hourly rate between $19.00 / hour and $29.00 / hour
based on certifications and experience.
- Up to 5% quarterly bonus
- Paid holidays, 18 days of paid time off plus 3 floating
holidays. Full healthcare benefits including medical care, dental
care, eye care and life insurance (eligible on first day - no
waiting period); 401K with generous company
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line via the career
Pre-employment procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment &
Selection Process. You will be contacted when further information
About DSM Nutritional Products - Better health, brighter
At DSM we advocate healthy, enjoyable and accessible food and
nutrition solutions for all, produced and consumed, respecting the
limits of our planet. We're one of the world's leading producers of
essential nutrients like vitamins, carotenoids, nutraceuticals and
nutritional lipids; as well as solutions for the feed, food,
pharmaceutical and personal care industries.
Watch a video to see who we are here:
DSM NA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
DSM is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
DSM in 3 minutes
Do you know that DSM has the broadest portfolio of nutritional
ingredients - that millions of people already have our biomaterials
in their body - and that our innovations make materials lighter,
healthier, safer, stronger, more durable and have a lower
environmental footprint? This short 3 minute video shares our
portfolio in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living