Pack Off Machine Operator - Weekend Shift
Company: E. A. Sween Company
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Job Details Description We are a family-oriented company that
understands the significance of our employees and we are successful
because of our incredibly committed team. We are seeking a Pack Off
Machine Operator for our weekend shift. The role pays $18.50 an
hour plus a $1.00/hour shift differential. The hours for the role
are Friday, Saturday and Sunday 6:00am - 6:30pm. E.A. Sween is an
Equal Opportunity Employer ? Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Role Summary: The Packoff Machine Operator is primarily responsible
for operating an Automated Case Packing Machine to package Ready to
Eat Food, and m onitor machine operation to ensure flow of daily
production in keeping consistent with the Shift Supervisor's
direction that control and improve production yield and efficiency
of facility against standard. The position is expected to complete
all changeovers, setup and basic cleaning of the machine. In
addition, this position will assist maintenance in troubleshooting
and p erform minor mechanical duties including minor of all line
equipment. In addition, the position reports complications of
machinery directly to the Maintenance Mechanic .
- Perform all Automated Case Packing Machine line operation
functions related to the packaging of all finished products,
including loading corrugate flats, keeps glue container full,
setting up and operating filling line equipment, adhering to
production schedule, making equipment adjustments and assisting
with line changeover.
- Maintain quality standards by completing in-process
- Ensure case prints are correct.
- Operate equipment to produce finished goods to production
- Complete machine set-up and changeover for production
- Follow the production schedule as issued by Planning or
- Communicate downtime events or other issues to Supervisor, Line
Controller and RTE Leadership .
- Continually monitor packaging equipment, product, & packaging
for the production run.
- Maintain and operate coders as well as case printers.
- Responsible for correcting errors on line.
- Break out operators for lunches/breaks and fill in where/when
- Ensures that package appearance, labeling, seals, and case and
pallet configurations comply with product specifications and
- Able to read and follow recipe instructions for multiple
- Complete metal detector checks as scheduled .
- Trains other machine operators and partners as needed.
- Must have excellent team skills.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Must be able to understand basic math.
- Will be capable of running two or more lines and/or performing
general mechanical duties.
- Must be able to maintain and repair basic mechanical operations
of line equipment.
- Must be able to follow our safety guidelines.
- Must have computer skills. Training on our system will be
offered, Red Zone, etc .
- Ability to pass training requirements on the Automated Case
Packing machine .
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have outstanding troubleshooting skills
- Must have good judgment with decision making in regards to
Safety and Quality.
- Ability to complete production related documentation on both
computer and paper forms (Excel, Word) and computer knowledge.
- Fully utilize Red Zone, HMI (Human Machine Interface) and other
integrated technology to complete required tasks.
- Ability to work additional overtime if required to get the job
- Self-motivated and ability to make decisions
- Consistently meet efficiency standards and product waste
reduction for a sustained period.
- All hires will need to successfully pass a drug screen and
background check Preferred Qualifications:
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude is desired.
- Prior experience in a food industry environment would be a
plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, weigh
machines, metal detectors, baggers, and material handling
- Basic understanding of electrical controls related directly to
E.A. Sween packaging machinery.
- Advanced understanding of packaging systems, applicable to E.A.
Sween packaging equipment.
- The above knowledge is normally gained through high school and
post high school training, such as a technical school diploma,
craft apprenticeship, or other specialized training.
- Two years of direct experience may be substituted for
- This person will normally have one-year experience as a machine
operator (or related craft).
- One-year experience in direct of machinery similar to those
used by E.A. Sween Physical Demands: T he employee is required
- Stand ? 70+%
- Walk ? 70+%
- Reach overhead ? 10%
- Kneel ? 10%
- Bend ? 30%
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds .
- Must be able to occasionally pull up to 100 lbs. utilizing a
manual pallet jack .
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include average
vision, color and depth perception. Qualifications 0"
style="display: none;"> Skills 0"> 0"> 0" style="display:
none;"> Behaviors 0"> 0"> : 0" style="display: none;">
Motivations 0"> 0"> : 0" style="display: none;"> Education
0"> 0"> 0" style="display: none;"> Experience 0">
0"> 0" style="display: none;"> Licenses & Certifications
0"> 0"> Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: E. A. Sween Company, Rochester , Pack Off Machine Operator - Weekend Shift, Other , Augusta, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!