Sr UX Designer
Company: Horizontal Talent
Posted on: May 4, 2021
The User Experience (UX) Designer is the core role of the
Experience Design unit. They analyze, plan and sequence the
interactions that a person has with software or application over
time. Working with research insights from the Human-centered design
process, the UX Designer listens to the needs of our patients and
physicians and responds with design that delivers against our key
criteria for good design: easy, clear, useful and pleasing.
- Designers work in the Experience Design unit as a team,
collaborating with Researchers and Front End Engineers, and take
direction from the Principal UX Designers.
- Reports to a section leader of Design, such as UX Lead or
Director of Design.
- Designers are often embedded in teams with medical personnel
such as Physicians, Consultants, Researchers, Educators, Nurses and
- Works with cross functional product teams with Business
Analysis, Product Management, Content Strategy, Customer
Experience, Data Analytics and Operations.
- Analyzes research findings and recommendations to plan and
deliver Use Cases, User Journeys, User Flow Diagrams, Navigation
Structures and Information Architecture in order to optimize the
User Experience of our digital properties.
- Designs interfaces for browsers, responsive web, native apps,
smart watches, kiosks, web-connected health monitoring devices and
- Creates and delivers Storyboards, Wireframes, Interface Modules
and Pages, Prototypes and Design Specifications.
- Evaluates designs according to project specific and enterprise
- Understands and designs to meet WCAG 2.0 AA Accessibility
- Collaborates with the Experience Design team to maintain, grow,
implement and refine Digital Design Language
- Facilitate Design Workshops and synthesizes divergent ideas
into a cohesive Design Proposals.
- Provides oversight of vendors that assist with Experience
Design scope of work.
- Understands the working methods of colleagues in Experience
Design such as Researchers and Front End Engineers.
- Can communicate clearly to a project or executive team.
- Demonstrated use of an iterative design cycle method to refine
- Demonstrated knowledge of design tools and platforms (Adobe CS,
Sketch, Figma, Mural, Invision etc.)
- Experience working in Scrum Agile methodology to define User
Stories as part of sprint planning
- We practice Human-Centered Design (HCD) and product
development, which aligns with our core organizational value that
"the needs of the patient come first".
- 7-11 years of experience in Design with demonstrated impact
- Understanding of the Human Centered Design (HCD) process
- Working knowledge of current User Experience methods
- Excellent visual communication skills, and refined ability to
clarify complex problems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including
confident presentation skills.
- Excellent ability to design on behalf of people with serious
and complex medical conditions
- Self-motivated and excellent organizational skills to lead
- Keeps up with Design industry knowledge and brings to bear on
- Brings innovation in process or methods to the Experience
- Mentors Experience Designers in their work
- Demonstrates knowledge of the ethics and professionalism in
- Good understanding of the security / sensitivity around patient
- Experience working with Accessibility concerns for Digital
- End-to-end knowledge of all stages of User Experience Design
(Sketching, Prototyping, Iteration, Refinement and Evaluation)
Keywords: Horizontal Talent, Rochester , Sr UX Designer, Other , Rochester, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!