EHS Technical Specialist
Company: Zoetis, Inc
Location: Charles City
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Job Description:As a key member of the EHS staff, the EHS
Technical Specialist will partner with the EHS Lead to manage a
variety of EHS programs at the site. This position supports
day-to-day operations of all functions and groups on site. The
primary emphasis is on environmental, health, and safety
management, as well as colleague safety and risk assessment.In
addition, this position partners with the EHS Lead to provide
technical support and lead programs that assure compliance with all
applicable local, State, Federal Regulations and Zoetis Corporate
Standards. Develops and implements plant safety and environmental
initiatives and leads continuous improvement efforts.Position
- Provides guidance, training and operational support to all
levels of the organization and across all functional groups.
Provides day-to-day program supervision and compliance with site,
corporate and regulatory standards and requirements. Serves as an
environmental, health, and safety resource to the site.
- Supports and leads EHS improvement projects. Leads EHS risk
assessment, self-assessment, audit and inspection processes.
- Assists people leaders in the performance of incident
investigations and root cause analyses related to EHS-related
incidents. Partners with people leaders and EHS Lead to identify
root cause and develop corrective actions to prevent further
- Analyzes and prepares documentation, presentations, and reports
for internal and external stakeholders. Maintains permit
recordkeeping and reporting requirements. Maintains legal register
and prepares documents to assure timely submission of required
- Identifies standardized safety and industrial hygiene concepts
to identify, monitor and evaluate potential workplace exposure
hazards and recommends, develops, and implements appropriate
- Researches Regulations and Corporate Standards of high
complexity, assesses company adherence and provides recommendations
and solutions for attaining compliance.
- Partners with EHS Lead to manage multimedia EHS programs
related to air emissions, waste management and water to include but
not limited to SPCC, SARA, TRI, and refrigerant management.
Develops effective and efficient manufacturing, laboratory and
facility environmental/safety compliance programs.
- Serves as a point of contact for regulatory and insurance
inspections and project reviews.
- Facilitates and/or participates on various site committees and
teams, such as Energy Conservation, Site Safety, and
- Proactively develops and effectively delivers EHS-related
- Provides EHS guidance on facility projects to minimize or
eliminate adverse impacts. Leads process hazard analysis.
Participates in design reviews, change control and product transfer
- Lead the site emergency response process.
- Organize and prioritize work schedule to meet project and task
deadlines.Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in EHS related field, engineering or similar
technical discipline with 2-4 years of direct full-time EHS
experience. Must have relevant experience and demonstratable
knowledgeable in the areas of industrial hygiene, safety, or
- Relevant professional certification (e.g., CSP, CIH, CHMM) is a
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Ability to identify complex EHS technical problems, analyze
effectively and work in teams to solve.
- Technical knowledge and ability to solve practical
environmental, worker health and safety problems.
- Working knowledge of federal and state waste and
- Partner with teams of subject matter experts from other
functions to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and
- Experienced with EHS management systems development and
certification experience (ISO, VPP or similar) is desirable.
- Understanding of relevant EHS areas including but not limited
to regulations, industrial hygiene, chemical & biological
- Ability to influence decision-making.Physical Requirements
- Ability to use hearing, respiratory and eye protection is
- Ability to manage emergency situations under stressful
- Work Environment - Position requires the ability to work
outdoors in extreme weather conditions as necessary. Position
requires the ability to work hours outside of routine schedule as
necessary. Also required is the ability to effectively perform in a
fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Physical -Ability to pass an ERT physical exam. Ability to lift
50 - 75 pounds occasionally. Ability to stand/walk for up to eight
hours per day. Ability to enter and work within permit- required
- Must be able to walk or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to reach above shoulder level, bend/stoop, kneel,
push/pull, and handle/grip frequently.
- Must be able to work scheduled 40 hours with the ability to
work overtime as needed.
- Regular reaching, bending, stooping, and twisting
- Repetitive motion and substantial movement of the wrists,
hands, and/or fingersFull timeRegularColleagueAny unsolicited
resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency
recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing
address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis
employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis
property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting
from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Zoetis will consider any
candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to
have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This
includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not
have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.Zoetis is
committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of
employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender
identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or
veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled
individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online
application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an
alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please
contact Zoetis Colleague Services at
firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local
laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain
authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and
exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or
maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility,
considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers.
Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please
note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from
candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our
company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email
to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In
addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment
related activities. Any solicitation or request for information
related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or
utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be
disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make
any type of personal financial investment related to gaining
employment with Zoetis.
Keywords: Zoetis, Inc, Rochester , EHS Technical Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Charles City, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...