DIRECTOR, INFORMATION SERVICES AND TECHNOLOGY
Company: West Park Hospital-WY-US
Posted on: February 25, 2021
DIRECTOR, INFORMATION SERVICES AND TECHNOLOGY Summit Pacific
Medical Center -- SPM IT Elma , WA Leader/Management Full Time ,
Monday - Friday 8:00 - 5:00 Posted 01/13/2021 Job Summary Plans and
oversees information technology and services for the District,
including day-to-day operations as well has organizational projects
including potential Electronic Health Record (E.H.R.) conversion,
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system upgrades and change
management improvements. Direct oversight of Health Information
Technology and Clinical Technical Support staff. Coordinate
support, manage relationship with and workflow related to
third-party hosting and support team. Performs a variety of
functions and tasks to ensure 24/7 functionality, operational
stability, and security of systems and equipment. Establishes
policies and procedures to provide administrative direction and
develops and maintains a positive work environment that promotes
SPMC values. Job Duties and Responsibilities *
- Continuously monitors and evaluates information technology
needs across the District. Monitors condition, care and maintenance
of computer and network equipment, and full oversight of the
Electronic Medical Records system. Performs tasks as needed to
maintain systems and address user needs. Develops and standardizes
processes and procedures relating to information services,
balancing business needs and costs. *
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and
procedures by assessing needs, identifying problems; evaluating
trends; assessing outcomes; and anticipating requirements. Performs
needs assessments, evaluation, selection, testing, implementation,
installation, and on-going support activities.
- Provides expertise to the organization in crucial decisions
regarding E.H.R. and ERP systems, providing subject matter
expertise and experience in decision making and impletion as
- Protects PHI, valuable information and maintains the
confidentiality and integrity of data through knowledge of security
management, network security & protocols, data--management and
application of solutions. Preserves assets by implementing disaster
recovery and back-up procedures and information security and
control structures. *
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables
with departments, users, and IT staff. Interacts with staff,
physicians and vendors regarding complaints, problems, and user
needs. Responds appropriately to concerns and ensures timely
- Negotiates contracts with and coordinates activities of
hardware, software, telecommunications, support, and training
- Advises and consults with other hospital personnel. Serves as a
liaison across disciplines. Participates as an active member of
various committees; leads work groups, projects and committees as
- Executes management tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
Manages department to meet service and performance expectations.
Maintains appropriate staffing levels and competency of staff.
Maintains equipment and physical space. Provides effective
leadership and oversight of assigned staff; leads by example and
provides support, guidance, coaching and performance management
when needed. Monitors and manages staff satisfaction and
- Maintains professional skills and awareness of regulatory
changes, compliance issues, innovations and developments, through
research and training/continuing education opportunities. Ensures
compliance with all regulatory requirements and federal, state and
local laws. Stays abreast of trends and best practices. Maintains
programs and records in good order, as required for efficient and
- Performs special projects and other related duties as assigned.
Organizational Responsibilities In addition to the duties and
responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to
support the Summit Pacific Medical Center mission, vision and
values; c omply with SPMC policies and procedures; and conduct
themselves in an ethical, professional, respectful, and
collaborative manner at all times. Required Education, Skills and
- Bachelor's degree in computer related field, or equivalent
education and experience.
- Five (5) years of directly related experience in a healthcare
- Experience with Meditech and Epic E.H.R.s
- Business and Quality Management experience
- Help Desk/Service Desk Support and Management experience
Required Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer or similar credential
- Project Management Professional preferred
- Lean Six Sigma or Agile Certifications preferred Required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to take on-call duty as required; able to wear
pager/Smartphone device while on shift and on call.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of Windows Desktop and
Server Operating Systems, XP, Vista, 7, 2003, and 2008.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of Microsoft Exchange
2003. 2007 and 2010. Microsoft 365 Exchange online .
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005
and 2008 and Microsoft SharePoint Server.
- Exceptional technical knowledge and experience with Network
Security: Network Defense of attack both external and internal,
VLANs, and VPN technologies.
- Working knowledge and experience creating, managing and
operationally supporting Enterprise Wireless Backhaul
- Exceptional proficiency of Active Directory, Sites and
Services, DHCP, DNS, SSID, Group policy Management, shares and user
permissions, Data Backups, Patch Management and Disaster Recovery
- Working knowledge and experience with network equipment such
as, SANs, Managed Switches, Routers, Firewall Appliances, DSL
Modems, and Battery Backups.
- Comprehensive knowledge of EMR including Radiology and Lab
- Knowledge in a variety of software applications including word
processing, spreadsheets, databases and communication
- Excellent communication skills, problem solving skills,
interpersonal skills and technical troubleshooting skills. Training
and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively manage several projects simultaneously;
ability to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Knowledge of healthcare IT trends and industry standards.
Physical Requirements Never = 0% of time Seldom = 1-10% Occasional
= 10-30% Frequent = 30-70% Lifting X Lifting 10-35 lbs X Lifting
> 35 lbs X Carrying X Carrying 10-35 lbs X Carrying > 35 lbs
X Pushing/Pulling 0-35 lbs X X Standing X Walking X X Crouching X
Vision Within normal range with or without corrective devices
Hearing Within normal range with or without corrective devices.
Speech Within normal range with or without corrective devices.
Keywords: West Park Hospital-WY-US, Rochester , DIRECTOR, INFORMATION SERVICES AND TECHNOLOGY, IT / Software / Systems , Elma, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!