Sr. Human Resources Business Partner
Company: Balchem Corporation
Location: Albert Lea
Posted on: September 24, 2022
COMPANY OVERVIEW:Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures, and
markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health
and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art
solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries
worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton,
New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales
offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily
located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a
publicly traded company (NASDAQ - "BCPC") with annual revenues over
$700 million and a market cap exceeding $4.0 billion. The company
consists of three business segments: Human Nutrition & Health;
Animal Nutrition & Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs
over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities,
committed to developing the company into global market leadership
positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing
company, visit www.balchem.com
POSITION SUMMARY:The Sr. Human Resources Business Partner will be
responsible for leading and supporting the people strategy at our
Albert Lea, MN manufacturing sites. This position will provide day
to day support to the sites and have leadership responsibility in
organizational design, recruitment, employee relations, training
and development and talent management. This position directly
reports to the Director, HR for Integrated Supply Chain and
partners closely with the business.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Partners with site leadership to develop and implement HR
strategies and initiatives aligned with overall business and
- Set the employee engagement strategy and people culture.
- Identify and be proactive on resource needs, recruitment,
selection and onboarding processes.
- Partner with talent acquisition team on exempt hiring and owns
- Conducts orientation programs for new employees.
- Partner with site on overall employee relations. Handling
investigations, partnering with legal when needed and recommending
corrective action, any disciplinary processes
- Support current and future business needs through development,
engagement, retention. Develops, proposes and administers approved
wage and salary programs including job analysis; job descriptions;
job evaluation. Enhance overall communication across the
- Utilize data analytics to drive key decision making. Analyzes
hiring, turnover, retention, talent management trends and make
recommendations for improvement.
- Partner with business to assess training and development needs
for the plant/region. Ensure implementation of needed
- Partner with other HRBP's across the network, work on
organization wide projects and focus on continuous
- Drive annual performance review process to ensure reviews are
completed timely and accurately. Discusses performance with
leadership team as a means of identifying future growth potential
and supporting succession planning process.
- Responsible for assuring that the business segment is in
compliance with laws relative to wages and hours, employee
relations, employee benefits, employment opportunities and other
related employment laws; acts as consultant within the corporation
in interpreting the administration of the laws; seeks assistance
from Corporate HR Director and legal counsel as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties.
- BS degree in Human Resources or its equivalent.
- At least five years of human resources experience.
Certification is preferred.
- Excelling in cross functional team environment. Excellent
- Sound knowledge of labor laws and regulations, prior union
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills, as
well as effective presentation skills to be able to communicate
effectively and professionally with all level of employees.
- Must be comfortable working in a manufacturing plant setting
and walking the production floor, interacting with all levels of
employees.#INBalchem is committed to a workplace culture that
values and promotes diversity, inclusion, equal employment
opportunities, and a work environment free of harassment and
Keywords: Balchem Corporation, Rochester , Sr. Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources , Albert Lea, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!