Team Leader - Fermentation
Company: Zoetis, Inc
Location: Charles City
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Role DescriptionJob Description:The Team Leader is responsible
for the safe execution of the Charles City production schedule in
accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices and other applicable
regulatory requirements. Team Leaders actively promote colleague
engagement and development utilizing both site and corporate
resources. Conducts all activities and makes decisions that are in
accordance with Company policies & SOPs, Zoetis Values, & global
regulatory guidelines (including cGMP/cGLP/cGCP), environmental
guidelines as appropriate, etc. Update and maintain department
procedures including Manufacturing Directions and SOPs using
Microsoft Word software.Position Responsibilities:
- Manage and own department performance, including leadership
and/or participation in floor operations, area audits, department
meetings, shift changes, etc.
- Must be flexible in daily start time to ensure leadership
coverage across the 3-shift operation. Must be available for
on-call support in evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Ensure effective utilization of the GMP process for all direct
reports, including annual objectives, individual development plans,
one-on-one meetings, quarterly and year-end reviews. Continuously
improve the capabilities of the team.
- Perform safety related M1 investigations, including initial
safety event summary to site leadership.
- Perform manufacturing related M1 investigations as needed in
- Ensure direct reports are compliant with all training
- Perform Human Performance Evaluation as applicable.
- Continuously develop direct reports to build a strong team and
site. This includes the use of performance management tools,
improvement initiatives, direct feedback and open
- Effective and timely management of employee relations in
accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Participate and/or lead special projects as directed by area
- Respond to process and/or equipment events by ensuring
communication with process specialist, quality, regulatory, EHS,
finance, maintenance, and Operational Excellence specialist(s) as
- Compliance and execution of EHS-regulations (Zoetis, US).
Compliance and execution of standards and instructions of company
manufacturing specifications and SOPs.
- Responsible for completion of Manufacturing Batch Record Review
and other application department documentation.
- Department Specific Responsibilities as indicated. Education
- BA/BS with 2-4 years of experience OR MBA/MS with 0-2 years of
experience OR Minimum of 8 years relevant experience.
- Relevant manufacturing or analytical experience in
microbiology, biology, engineering, or other scientific discipline
preferred. Demonstrated commitment to the Zoetis Core Beliefs and
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, develop, and motivate
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with all levels of
colleagues including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results.
- Extensive knowledge and capabilities with Microsoft Office
software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Extensive knowledge and capabilities with SAP Enterprise
Resource System preferred
- Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and
team/group interactive and leading skills.
- Strong commitment to product quality, customer service, and
- Ability to resolve technical issues, troubleshoot manufacturing
processes, and investigate process deviations/excursions.
- Thorough knowledge of 9CFR and EU regulations, Good
Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and Good Laboratory Practices
- Experience using Trackwise (Event Tracking System) Change
Request and Investigation Writing software preferred but not
- Experience using DMAIC problem solving tools and Minitab
analytical software preferred but not required.Physical
- Must be able to sit, walk or stand for long periods of
- Must be able to wear a respirator
- Must be able to reach above shoulder level, bend/stoop, kneel,
push/pull, and handle/grip frequently.
- Must be able to work scheduled 40 hours with the ability to
work overtime as needed.
- Frequent lifting and carrying of 5 to 25 lbs
- Regular reaching, bending, stooping, and twisting
- Repetitive motion and substantial movement of the wrists,
hands, and/or fingers
- Must be able to lift up to 25 poundsFull
timeRegularColleagueAny unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a
third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited
resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email
address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database
will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for
any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited
resume.Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has
submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency
free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an
approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals
to be engaged on a search.Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity
in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national
origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected
classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity
to use our online application system. We offer reasonable
accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with
a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at
email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local
laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain
authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and
exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or
maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility,
considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers.
Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please
note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from
candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our
company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email
to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In
addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment
related activities. Any solicitation or request for information
related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or
utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be
disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make
any type of personal financial investment related to gaining
employment with Zoetis.
Keywords: Zoetis, Inc, Rochester , Team Leader - Fermentation, Hospitality & Tourism , Charles City, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...