Merchandiser - GLCC
Company: Great Lakes Coca-Cola Bottling
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Great Lakes Coca-Cola Bottling, a family-owned business, is a
growth-oriented community of people who are driven to safely
produce, sell, and distribute the best brands in the world while
fostering an environment rooted in our values and the neighborhoods
and customers we serve.At Great Lakes Coca-Cola, you will work with
brands such as Coca-Cola, Monster, Body Armor, Smartwater,
Powerade, and MANY more. Our Merchandising Team is responsible for
maintaining Coca-Cola's brand presence in the market and keeping
products fully stocked on the racks, shelves, displays and coolers
of our customers. They work hard, along with our sales and delivery
teams, to increase our sales, market share and profit by
understanding our customers, consumers, and the competition. This
role will allow you to utilize your personal vehicle while being
reimbursed for the miles that you drive.Position
Summary:Merchandisers work in local stores to keep Coca-Cola
products fully stocked on the shelves. This position is primarily
responsible for maintaining product availability and merchandising
products at all designated accounts.Position Responsibilities may
include, but not limited to:
- Maintains product in Store racks, shelves, displays, and
coolers by identifying replenishment needs; transporting product
between backroom and display floor with manual equipment (for
example, pallet jack, handtruck); utilizing hand tools;
replenishing, facing, and rotating product; building, changing, and
taking down product displays; maintaining product signage; cleaning
product space; and securing damaged or defective product.
- Manages backroom by organizing and consolidating backstock
- Identifying, monitoring, and reporting backstock inventory
- Evaluating and processing damaged or defective product.
- Re-packing product.
- Organizing backroom materials (for example, pallets, product
- Operating powered equipment (for example, straddle stacker,
powered pallet jack) and manual equipment (for example, pallet
- Completing Store documentation.
- Cleaning backroom.
- Maintains areas of responsibility in designated accounts by
communicating status and concerns to Store and Company
- Identifying and reporting unsafe working conditions.
- Attending and completing Company training and certifications;
- Company and Store policies regarding backroom, display floor,
replenishment, equipment, and safety.
- Following applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Utilizing a mobile device to complete work activities.
- Operating a motor vehicle.
- Provides customer service to Consumers and Store personnel by
identifying and resolving concerns.
- Answering questions, locating product, and responding to
- Other projects or duties as assignedRequired Skills and
- High school diploma or GED
- A candidate must be 18 years of age or meet the minimum state
legal age requirements.
- Must have reliable automobile transportation, maintain an
acceptable driving record and valid drivers license, and maintain
auto insurance coverage at least to the minimum amount specified by
the Company and state law.
- Must be able to lift products from 25 lbs. to 50 lbs. on a
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug
test.Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 6 months related experience (ie working in a distribution
warehouse environment, roofer, farmhand, grocery dock,
construction, manipulating patients in a hospital/nursing home or
physical therapy environment, or other positions which require
continuous heavy lifting which deals with multi-temperature).
- Beverage industry experience.
- Prior customer service experience in solving customer
- 1 year experience working in manual or powered pallet
- Straddle stacker certification.
- Powered pallet jack certification.Physical Demands and Work
- Ability to repetitively lift, carry, and position objects
weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to repetitively push and pull objects weighing up to 50
pounds without assistance while kneeling; squatting; reaching above
the head; reaching at the waist; reaching below the knees; and
bending at the knees.
- Ability to repetitively push and pull manual transport
equipment (for example, pallet jack, handtruck) containing product
loads a minimum of 100 yards without assistance.
- Ability to repetitively grasp and manipulate objects of varying
size and weight requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye
- Ability to exert oneself physically over sustained periods of
time to complete job activities.
- Ability to read information in small, medium, and large
- Ability to stand a minimum of 6 hours during the workday.
- Ability to walk a minimum of 4 miles during the
workday.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the
nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery
schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of
Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and
punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in
this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due
to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources
department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be
made.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.As an Equal
Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and
select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their
qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those
relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations
and self-development opportunities, will be administered without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender
identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran
status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State
Government. Drug Free Employer.
Keywords: Great Lakes Coca-Cola Bottling, Rochester , Merchandiser - GLCC, Hospitality & Tourism , Rochester, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!