Bartender - Part Time
Posted on: February 13, 2020
Job Title: Bartender
Department: Hickory House
As a Bartender, this position will be responsible for providing
friendly, attentive, and timely service to create an exceptional
experience for all guests. Monitors bar inventory and takes
appropriate action. Additionally you will ensure a positive company
image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer
service to customers and team members.
Accountable and Reports to: Hickory House Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintains a positive attitude; creates an atmosphere of
friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork. Generates a
friendly atmosphere by encouraging employees to greet and speak to
customers; providing prompt, courteous, and efficient service to
customers and sets a good example.
2. Sets the department standards for customer service, employee
relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional appearance and
3. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
4. Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by
name whenever possible.
5. Assists customers by: (examples include)
--- escorting them to the products they're looking for
--- securing products that are out of reach
--- loading or unloading heavy items
--- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
--- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
6. Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful
service to customers who call including taking product orders.
7. Accept guest payment, process credit card charges and make
change (if applicable).
8. Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for
purchase of alcohol.
9. Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
10. Present drink menus, make specific recommendations and answer
questions regarding beverages.
11. Stock bar with beer, wine, liquor, and related supplies such as
ice, glassware, napkins, or straws.
12. Serve wine, bottled or draft beer.
13. Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from
14. Clean bars, work areas, and tables.
15. Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and
bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
16. Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
17. Adheres to company policies and individual store
18. Reports to work when scheduled and on time
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs departmental duties as needed.
2. Assists in other areas of store as needed.
3. Performs other job related duties and special projects as
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and six months to one year of
related work experience. Must have ability to handle money and
operate a point-of-sale system.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 100 pounds of force
(shared team lifting) occasionally; exert up to 50 pounds of force
frequently; and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and
field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of
variables with limited standardization; interpret
- Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions,
decimals, and percentages.
- Possess the ability to compose original correspondence;
interpret written work instructions; interview job applicants;
follow technical manuals and have increased contact with
This is a fast paced food service work environment dealing directly
with the public. Possible equipment movement hazards and exposure
to cleaning chemicals and solvents.
Draught foam control devices; Electronic beer line maintenance
equipment, Refrigerated liquid recirculation systems; Soda
dispensers; cocktail shakers; blenders; Mojito machines; fruit
knives; ice chippers, ice crushers, ice flakers and POS
Responsible for department assets including equipment and
merchandise and cash register.
Has daily contact with customers, employees, suppliers/vendors, and
the general public. Occasional contact with local, federal or state
regulatory agencies regarding inspections.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Rochester , Bartender - Part Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Rochester, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!