Emergency Veterinary Technician
Company: BluePearl Veterinary Partners
Posted on: April 15, 2019
BluePearl Veterinary Partners in Rochester, MN is hiring an
exceptional Certified Veterinary Technician to join our Emergency
team. Must be able to work 12-14 hours shifts, working some hours
one on one with doctor. Hours every other weekend 8am-8pm, Tuesday
6pm-8am, Wednesday 6pm-1am, and Friday 5pm-10pm.
- Are you looking to advance your career as a Veterinary
- Do you have a strong passion for the Veterinary field?
- Do you want to work with dedicated, highly skilled veterinary
If you answered "yes" to these questions, then we want to hear from
As an Emergency Veterinary Technician, you will be responsible for
the treatment of stable hospitalized patients and stable outpatient
diagnostics and treatments.
In this role:
- You will be able to calculate basic medical math.
- You compassionately, calmly, and gently approach and handle
- You will understand classification of commonly-used
medications, associated side effects and appropriately monitors
- You will administer medications via appropriate routes and
- You will perform phlebotomy.
- You will have the ability to place peripheral intravenous
catheter in all peripheral veins.
- You will alert Veterinarian if patient's status changes and/or
physical exam or monitoring parameters are outside of normal
- You will perform physical exam; accurately count heart, pulse
rate, capillary refill time, mucous membranes, temperature,
respiratory rate and effort.
- You will intubate patients.
- You support Veterinarian and client through euthanasia
- You are able to read and follow orders written on treatment
sheet accurately and in a timely manner.
Your success is our success!
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount.
Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities
with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have
access 90" paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We
also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate
feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible hours
- Scrub allowance
- Additional training
- Unlimited growth potential
Like us on Facebook to learn about BluePearl events and career
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all
individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic
information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation
or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the
application process because of a disability, it is available upon
request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no
applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are
an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplac
Keywords: BluePearl Veterinary Partners, Rochester , Emergency Veterinary Technician, Healthcare , Rochester, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!