Physician (Rochester CBOC)
Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Posted on: September 11, 2018
The Rochester Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) has an opening for a part-time Staff Physician. CBOCs within the Minneapolis VA Health Care System provide care to Veterans near their home town and serve over 18,000 Veterans throughout Minnesota and Western Wisconsin.
Providers will perform outpatient duties and management of scheduled and unscheduled patients. An assigned panel of patients is determined by the VHA PCMM software package which is specific to their practice and setting. Focus on care include the chronic disease initiative areas of CHF, COPD and DM, mental health collaboration in the PC setting, MOVE program focusing on weight loss, diet and activity as well as health promotion/disease management.
No emergency, nights, weekends or after clinic hours calls, services are on site only. Salary is determined by the Physicians Compensation Panel.
Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.Basic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Preferred Experience: ?,--
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility in Internal/Family Medicine
- 2-3 years clinical experience
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: This position requires a pre-employment physical. Eligible applicants must be physically and mentally able to perform efficiently the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, without hazard to themselves or others. Depending on the essential duties of a specific position, usable vision, color vision, hearing, or speech may be required. However, in most cases, a specific physical condition or impairment of a specific function may be compensated for by the satisfactory use of a prosthesis or mechanical aid.None
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes (upload C.V. as resume document type):
VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=2850&tkey=&Action=Search.
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- VA Form 10-2850
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Rochester , Physician (Rochester CBOC), Healthcare , Rochester, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!