Travel Nurse RN - Cardiac Cath Lab - $2,359 per week
Company: Cynet Health
Location: Mason City
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Cynet Health is seeking a travel nurse RN Cardiac Cath Lab for a
travel nursing job in Mason City, Iowa.Job Description &
- Specialty: Cardiac Cath Lab
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: 06/04/2023
- Duration: 13 weeks
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: 8 hours, days
- Employment Type: TravelPosition Summary:
- RN Cath lab helps doctors perform cardiac catheterizations to
diagnose and treat heart conditions.
- Cath lab nurses typically work in hospitals or outpatient
- During cardiac catheterization procedures, cath lab nurses
monitor and record patients` vital signs, and they must be ready to
intervene if an emergency arises.
- Post-procedure, they administer any necessary medications and
watch for any side effects or signs of infection in patients.
- Between patients, cath lab nurses ensure that supplies,
including medications and emergency and IV supplies, are stocked
and organized.Reports to:
- Unit supervisor of contracted medical facility.
- Cynet Health Director of NursingDuties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares patients for upcoming procedures which can include
helping doctors perform assessments prior to heart-related
procedures and even conducting some assessments.
- Assess a patient's vital signs and perform tests to check his
heart rate and oxygen intake. These assessments provide physicians
with information they need to begin examinations and decide whether
and how to proceed with diagnosing, testing and treating a
- Works alongside doctors who are performing catheterizations,
which involves threading a small tube into a patient's heart;
angioplasties, which doctors use to treat blocked arteries; and
implantation of pacemakers, which help keep a patient's heart
- Administers medication as instructed by a doctor.
- Monitors the health of patients but also provides reassurance
and insight into what to expect of a procedure and recovery.
- Interacts with and help educate both the patient and concerned
family members; Relays patient concerns and questions to
- Informs physicians of changes in the patient's condition.
- Keeps records on patient conditions and any steps taken for the
- This includes updating patient charts with vital sign
information, details of the patient's appearance and mood, and
treatments and medications administered in the course of
care.Minimum Job Requirements:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- RN state license - unencumbered and active
- Minimum one year recent experience
- Active AHA BLS CertificationCynet Health Job ID #19209756. Pay
package is based on 8 hour shifts and 40.0 hours per week (subject
to confirmation) with tax-free stipend amount to be
Keywords: Cynet Health, Rochester , Travel Nurse RN - Cardiac Cath Lab - $2,359 per week, Healthcare , Mason City, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...