Patient Care Assistant (PCA) - Emergency Medicine
Company: Olmsted Medical Center
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description0.6 FTE - Day/Evening Shifts
- High school graduate
- Completion of nursing assistant program or previous
- Certified Nursing Assistant preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certified
- Previous hospital experience preferred
- Works under the direct supervision and instruction of the RN to
provide direct patient care activities.
- Provides direct patient care for patients of all ages that
includes, but is not limited to, personal care and hygiene, vital
signs, and ambulation.
- Collaborates with healthcare team to provide patient
- Documents patient care appropriate to role in the patient
- Reports directly to supervising RN or department charge
- For patients requiring close observation for safety: positions
self in room at the bedside to maintain constant visual observation
of the patient. Never leaves the patient alone or out of sight
unless directed by RN.
- Assists in set up, take down, and cleaning of
- Maintains patient room order and keeps rooms adequately
- Assists clinicians with procedures within scope of
- Assists with the transport of patients as needed.
- Communicates in a professional manner with patients and
- Advocates for the patient at all times.
- Maintains OMC organizational competencies and nursing
competencies pertinent to job title and area of work.
- Manages information in accordance with state and federal
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Olmsted Medical Center, Rochester , Patient Care Assistant (PCA) - Emergency Medicine, Healthcare , Rochester, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!