Company: Mason City Clinic
Location: Mason City
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Join our established, growing multispecialty group which offers
competitive wages, bonuses and great benefits.
Community Background: Combined with quality schools, picturesque
neighborhoods, access to great healthcare, and excellent employment
opportunities, you quickly see why Mason City is a great place to
call home. You'll find homes for every taste and budget
Provides hand therapy services to patients in order to facilitate
the recovery of range of motion, sensitivity, hand and arm
coordination and strength. In doing so, prepares necessary forms,
develops treatment plan goals in collaboration with physician,
provides direct patient therapy, and completes necessary
documentation and charge information as appropriate. Answers
telephone calls from patients, responds to inquiries, and provides
initial patient assessment.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Performs all duties under the direction and supervision of
physicians and in accordance with established policies and
- Under direction of the physician and according to prescribed
methods, performs various patient care-related duties within the
Clinic office and/or hospital setting including dressing changes,
suture removals, (passive exercise of affected hand), constructing
and applying hand/arm splints/casts, and patient education. May
provide services to non-Clinic patients on written request from a
- Evaluates patient's hand/arm with regard to edema, range of
motion, strength, coordination, sensation, and function, and
discusses evaluation with physician.
- Under the direction of the physician, develops treatment plan
goals for individual patients and assesses patient's progress.
- Responds to patient telephone calls to answer inquiries,
determine initial assessment of patient condition, and discusses
evaluation with physician.
- Documents summary of evaluation, treatment, and phone contacts
in patient's chart and completes charges on patient visits for
- Provides hand therapy services and fabricates splints as
directed by physician.
- Assists physician with research activities through review of
literature, review of medical records, contacts with outside
agencies and patients, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in the field by
reading appropriate articles, journals, and related material, and
by attending seminars, conferences, and so forth.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required
- Knowledge of orthopaedics, medical procedures, anatomy, and
physiology in order to review patient data, evaluate patient
condition, construct and apply casts and splints, and to provide
occupational hand therapy at a level normally acquired through
completion of a bachelor's degree in occupational therapy through
an accredited program. Additional training through a hand therapy
affiliation would be beneficial. Should be working toward
certification as a hand therapist.
- Current state occupational therapist license.
- Approximately three to six months on the job experience in
order to become technically proficient in reviewing patient data,
to evaluate patient condition, to gain familiarity with Clinic and
hospital environment and department and Clinic policies and
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to courteously and
cooperatively answer routine inquiries from patients when providing
therapy or answering phone calls, to communicate with department
personnel when exchanging patient-related information, and to
discuss patient condition with appropriate physician.
- Analytical skills necessary in order to review patient history,
nerve conduction studies, laboratory data, splint type or design,
and other patient information when evaluating patient
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail for
approximately forty percent of work time when reviewing patient
data or research materials and during patient therapy sessions.
Employment Type: Full Time
Keywords: Mason City Clinic, Rochester , Occupational Therapist, Healthcare , Mason City, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!