Pharmacist - Part Time
Posted on: February 13, 2020
Job Title: Pharmacist FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Pharmacy Revision Date: 04/2015
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Fills
and/or verifies prescriptions and counsels patients in accordance
with all state and federal statutes and regulations. Assists with
pharmacy's inventory, including controlled substances, on an annual
basis or as recommended.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director, Assistant Store
Director, Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations, Assistant
Managers, Pharmacy Manager, Pharmacy Supervisor
Direct Reports: Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy Clerk, Delivery
Person, and Pharmacy students
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important
2. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
3. Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by
name whenever possible.
4. Assists customers by:
--- escorting them to the products they're looking for
--- securing products that are out of reach
--- loading or unloading heavy items
--- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
--- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
5. Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful
service to customers who call.
6. Assists with controlled substance inventory on an annual basis
or as recommended.
7. Assists with inventory control, maintaining inventory levels by
ordering and stocking merchandise, checking invoices, and entering
inventory information into the computer.
8. Assists with coaching, counseling, and training employees;
participates in additional education and training.
9. Assists HBC manager with ordering and merchandising OTC's.
10. Fills and/or verifies prescriptions and counsels patients
according to OBRA '90 regulations.
11. Assists with reconciliation and balancing of 3rd party
12. Visits schools, doctors' offices, senior centers, etc. to
13. Assists with monthly inventory.
14. Builds growth and sales through counseling and wellness
15. Follows security and regulatory procedures including Quality
16. Assumes the responsibility for the department in the absence of
the pharmacy manager.
17. Ensures customers are given prompt and courteous service.
18. Maintains a professional appearance, i.e. clean lab coat and
19. Communicates continually with pharmacy manager about any
procedural changes, issues, or corporate communications.
20. Adheres to company policies and individual store
21. Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Partners with other departments or staff (i.e. dietitian) to
promote wellness and the pharmacy.
2. Assists in other areas of the store as needed.
3. Performs other job related duties and special projects as
Education and Experience:
College degree and licensure in pharmacy. Must have continuing
education to maintain license. Six months to a year of similar or
related work experience. Medication Therapy Management (MTM)
preferred. Ability to administer immunizations.
--- Must be able to physically exert up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally, 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects.
--- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and
field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
--- Must have the ability to do logical or scientific thinking to
solve problems; several abstract and concrete variables.
--- Have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving
arithmetic, algebraic and geometric calculations.
--- Must be able to compose original correspondence; follow
technical manuals; have increased contact with people; interview
counsel or advise people; evaluate technical data.
This position frequently involves a fast work pace in a retail
store setting. Must be able to handle multiple tasks (filling
scripts, answering telephone, waiting on customers, etc.) every
day. There is an occasional exposure to dangerous
chemicals/solvents while compounding products and chemotherapy
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
PC with pharmacy software and printer, cash register, Telexon
ordering unit, pharmacy balance, scanner, calculator, telephone,
fax, and copier.
Maintains the confidentiality of the customer's private medical
information according to the HIPAA act. Maintains the
confidentiality of prescription drug pricing and costs.
Is fully responsible for company assets including prescription
inventory, third party accounts receivable, pharmacy computer and
software, and pharmacy fixtures. Has full authority, within
reasonable limits, to purchase inventory for the pharmacy.
Has daily contact with customers, general public, and
suppliers/vendors, and pharmacy operations support staff. Has
occasional contact with community or trade/professional
organizations and federal/state governmental or regulatory
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Rochester , Pharmacist - Part Time, Healthcare , Rochester, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!