Human Resource Manager - Full Time
Posted on: September 12, 2019
Job Title: Human Resource Manager FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Grocery Revision Date: 05/2018
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Updates
payroll system. Counsels with department heads and employees
regarding performance reviews, personnel issues, scheduling,
benefits, wages, etc. Coordinates a variety of administrative
duties including facilitating, recruiting, hiring, payroll,
performance reviews, orientation, benefits, employee counseling,
etc. Works closely with the store management to ensure maximum
employee satisfaction and retention.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Director,
HWH, Perishables, and Store Operations; Assistant Managers HWH,
Perishables, and Store Operations
Direct Reports: All other store positions and any assigned by Store
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them
by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by:
escorting them to the products they're looking for
securing products that are out of reach
loading or unloading heavy items
making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful
service to customers who call.
- Coordinates the inputting, changing, and deleting of employee
information in the VLM system (time and attendance).
- Counsels with department head and employee regarding
performance reviews, scheduling, benefits, wages, etc. and acts as
the Insurance Coordinator and 401(k) Coordinator.
- Handles and satisfies customer complaints, sends follow up
letters, and thank you letters.
- Develops effective recruiting and retention programs to
facilitate the staffing of the store; coordinates the transfer of
employees from one store to another.
- Facilitates the hiring process and may be involved in the
interviewing and placement of specified positions.
- Tracks vacation and personal days for store employees.
- Conducts orientation and trains new employees.
- Attends weekly staff meetings and assistant manager
- Adjusts hours and departments; takes time clock readings,
- Conducts performance reviews and exit interviews.
- Makes payroll adjustments including extra bonuses, missed pay
raises, etc. and sends to payroll.
- Provides department heads and management with standard
- Transmits sales, hours, adjustments, and accounts receivable to
corporate office on a weekly basis.
- Disperses paychecks, W-2's, Trust Fund/401(k) reports/year end
employee income and benefits reports, and other company and store
communications (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.)
- Posts hours worked by employees.
- Prepares employee wage and employment verifications, as well as
disability claims, leave of absence requests, and extensions.
- Records and follows up on Workers Compensation claims and
issues and fills out accident reports on customers, both property
damage and personal injuries.
- Schedules employees as needed, honors employee time off
requests, and replaces employees that call in.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and often conducts quarterly part-time employee
- Coordinates store events (Holiday party, Springtime Party,
- Assists with quarterly bonus meetings.
- Coordinates store Service Award program for all employees.
- Conducts tours of store for schools and civic
- Orders supplies for office and departments.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as
Education and Experience
High school, plus 2-3 years of other schooling (HR and Accounting)
and Hy-Vee experience. Six months or less of similar or related
- Must be physically able to perform light work exerting up to 20
pounds of force occasionally to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision, and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of
variables with limited standardization, and interpret
- Ability to do arithmetic and calculations involving fractions,
decimals, and percentages.
- Must possess the ability to interview, counsel or advise
people; evaluate data, compose correspondence.
This position is occasionally exposed to chemicals/solvents. This
is a fast paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job
Computer, VLM (Time and Attendance software), Microsoft Word,
Outlook, calculator, phone, fax, copier, lotto machine, two
wheeler, box cutters, and pallet jack.
Responsible for payroll, accounts receivable, computer, and cash.
Purchases uniforms/dress shirts, supplies, employee/store
promotion, and processes cash advances.
Has daily contact with customers and employee parents. Has monthly
contact with the general public, community or trade/professional
organizations, and federal/state governmental or regulatory
agencies. Has occasional contact with suppliers/vendors.
Has access to confidential information including employee
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Rochester , Human Resource Manager - Full Time, Executive , Rochester, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!