Site Safety Manager
Company: Knutson Construction
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Celebrated as one of Minnesota's Top Workplaces! Knutson
Construction is accepting applications for a Site Safety Manager to
join our team at our Rochester, MN office. "Together We Make Dreams
Real" - that's our purpose as a company and we exist to work in
concert with each other, owners, design professionals and
subcontractors to make the journey as stress-free as possible.
Together, we've created a dynamic, fun, inspiring environment where
we can be ourselves and grow each day. At Knutson, opportunities to
shine happen daily. We value what makes you different and empower
you to act on your ideas. Our culture is one that encourages,
supports, and feels like a family.This position is responsible for
providing high level support to the Safety Department. The
individual will work with various project teams to ensure Knutson,
OSHA and owner requirements are followed on projects.The key job
responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively promote Knutson Zero Incident Program
- Recognize good safety performances and take corrective action
on poor safety performances.
- Work with various Project Teams to administer the company's
safety program on all phases of the project.
- Review plans, specifications and/or actual site location to
identify any risks that could be encountered.
- Participate in Safety department meetings/functions.
- Assist in developing and improving Corporate Safety
- Work with Project Team to complete pre-construction safety
meeting with subcontractors prior to starting on the project.
- Assist with weekly training meetings on your project with KC
personnel and document.
- Provide project safety performance monthly for the PTM meetings
and identify future project safety challenges.
- Ensure owner safety requirements are obtained and adhered
- Require subcontractors to adhere to company's safety program
and maintain good relations along with coordinating accident
- Assist with project site orientations.
- Complete accident investigations on all accidents and serious
near misses. Submit all reports to Safety Director within
twenty-four (24) hours of occurrence.
- Ensure that post-accident drug tests are complete.
- Conduct and document site inspections to identify safety
hazards and take appropriate corrective action.
- Ensure adequate safety equipment is available and properly
- Observe individuals working habits and identify if individuals
are performing their job safely.Develop and maintain positive
relationships with the project teams to promote safety efficiency.
- Respond to inquiries or request from field personnel, project
team and/or subcontractors as quickly as possible but no later than
24 hours, unless a longer timeline is provided.
- Any imminent dangerous situation identified or reported must be
- Recognize and escalate appropriate problems or challenges to
the project team and/or your direct supervisor in a timely and
- Participate in training and development opportunities.Prepare,
collect and/or maintain project safety related documentation to
ensure compliance with client/project requirements and/or promote
project safety efficiency.
- Maintain project safety documentation.
- Maintain and update Plan Grid; daily pre-task planning, job
audits and various field reports on regular basis with any/all
- Ability to attend project meetings
- Respond to and complete all other duties, tasks and/or projects
- Retain all OSHA related documentation from consultation and
- Consistently deliverer high quality work
- Assumes responsibility for deadlines and time frames for work
- Manage schedule to align with workload and high-risk activities
- Take ownership and leadership on safety tasks
- Ability to travel if neededRequired Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive interpersonal
- Proficient in handling difficult issues and difficult
personalities with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong skills in time management, ability to work under
pressure and tight timelines, working with multiple demands while
giving attention to detail and following issues through resolution.
The ability to provide high volume of multitasking and support for
- Able to train employees.
- Speaks at company functions/events.
- Lead safety/training meetings.
- Ability to work independently.Minimum Education and/or
- Must have 10 years of field experience and/or minimum of 7
years construction related experience.
- OSHA 30
- Experience in using personal computers and related Microsoft
software.Additional Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Pay
- Performance Based Career Advancement
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
- Life and Long-Term Disability Benefit with no premium cost to
- Mentorship Program
- Internship Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Scholarship Program
- Flex Fridays
- 401k w/Company Match
- Annual Discretionary Bonus Program
- Successful Annual Discretionary Profit-Sharing
ProgramReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rochester, MN 55901: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
Keywords: Knutson Construction, Rochester , Site Safety Manager, Executive , Rochester, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...