Director, Clinical Services-RN
Company: Volunteers of America
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Come join our awesome team as the Home Health Director of
Clinical Services at Stanley Jones & Associates and make a
difference in the lives of the people we care for! Stanley Jones &
Associates is part of Volunteers of America National Services which
serves as the Housing and Healthcare affiliate of the Volunteers of
America parent organization. Compensation: - -Experience will be
considered when determining compensation. -Salary up to $90,000.00
per year. Director, Clinical Services Job Highlights:
- Top benefit packages
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Flexible schedules
- Pay in lieu of benefits options
- Career scholarships
- Quality training, continuing career education and leadership
- Employee discount program About the job: Stanley Jones &
Associates, a Medicare Certified Home Health Agency, is looking for
a Home Health Director of Clinical Services to join our team! We
are staffed by a compassionate team of experienced Nurses, Physical
Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Home Health Care
professionals dedicated to delivering personalized health care. The
-Director of Clinical Service's -role is to plan, budget, organize,
develop and direct the overall operation of the home health
clinical services in accordance with current federal, state and
local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern the agency.
You will ensure that the highest degree of quality care is
maintained at all times in accordance with the Budget and Operation
Plans of the organization. You will also be responsible for
ensuring that an adequate level of service is provided to each
client, documented appropriately and regularly evaluated.
- Organize and administer the delivery of nursing services and
related ancillary services.
- Develop, implement and maintain agency objectives, philosophy
and standards of nursing practice and policies and procedures.
- Analyze and evaluate nursing care and related ancillary and
therapeutic services rendered to improve quality of client care and
to plan the best utilization of staff time.
- Provide direction in assessment, planning, implementation and
evaluation of client and caregiver care.
- Ensure provision of contracted services follows contract
requirements, including adequate training to meet
- Work toward the resolution of client and caregiver concerns and
advise the Administrator of any concerns relating to care
- Develop, monitor and maintain required and appropriate
documentation in the client medical record to include a
multi-disciplinary plan of care.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of all information pertaining
to clients, families and staff members.
- Collaborate and consult with the client's provider and outside
- Plan, direct and evaluate orientation and in-service training
programs for staff. Assist staff to develop job skills and
techniques. Function as a resource to the staff relative to
accepted standards of practice.
- Promote home health referrals in the community.
- Attend and assist with agency committees as directed.
- Interview and hire department personnel as directed.
- Conduct staff performance evaluations.
- Schedule and lead department meetings as directed.
- Review payroll records to verify hours worked and approve
- Assure compliance with local, state and federal laws regarding
licensure and certification of agency personnel.
- Accept responsibility for the facility in the absence of the
Administrator. Department Budgeting and Planning Processes:
- Participate in the preparation of the operating and capital
budget as directed.
- Plan and conduct, with the Administrator, in the development
and implementation of department objectives with respect to overall
agency and organizational goals.
- Monitor monthly department expenditures.
- Maintain current written records of department expenditures and
assure adequate reports and records are maintained to reflect
facility operational costs. Policy Functions:
- Understand and comply with all policies contained in
corporately issued standard manuals that apply to the functioning
of the agency.
- Support and implement administrative policies established by
the governing authority and/or by the Administrator.
- Instruct staff on agency regulations, policies and procedures
and monitor for compliance. Department Inventory Control:
- Maintain a written inventory control system of department
supplies and equipment.
- Monitor supply usage, price and quality of products.
- Requisition department supplies and equipment, inspect
deliveries and invoices for accuracy, approve invoices and submit
to the Administrator for review. Department Inspections:
- Conduct quality control inspections of the agency to ensure
compliance with state and federal regulations and company
- Participate in local, state, federal and insurance inspections.
Infection Control and Safety:
- Manage department infection control programs as directed.
- Monitor and enforce infection control policies and procedures
to ensure they are observed and followed.
- Instruct and train staff in infection control techniques and
monitor techniques closely when infection control case occurs.
Required Qualifications: -To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Registered Nurse with minimum of two (2) years' experience in
nursing supervisory or nursing management for a home health agency
and/or in a long-term care setting or equivalent.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
program with a current license as a Registered Nurse in the state
- Verbal and writing abilities necessary to communicate and work
effectively with various levels of staff, clients, family members
and the public, and representatives of the various regulatory
agencies, and for required written documentation or reports.
- Numerical ability necessary to make various computations in
planning agency objectives, keeping records, scheduling, preparing
budgets, requisitioning supplies and monitoring inventory
- Ability to apply principles of personnel administration to
interviewing, selection and supervision of employees, and in
monitoring department activities.
- Able to evaluate reports, programs, systems and other data
against both judgmental and verifiable criteria.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours, such as during a staff
shortage or emergency situation.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for
tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation. About
Stanley Jones & Associates: Stanley Jones & Associates is a
Medicare-certified home health care agency, staffed by
compassionate team of experienced Nurses, Rehab Therapist, and Home
Health Care professionals dedicated to delivering compassionate,
personalized health care. Take pride in helping others, and join us
today! Upon being hired, you will be asked to provide proof of your
COVID vaccination or you may complete an exemption application for
medical or religious reason. We care about the safety and health of
all our residents and staff. To help keep everyone safe, we have
implemented COVID-10 protocols. - - - At VOANS, we celebrate
sharing, encouraging and embracing diversity. Equal employment
opportunities are available to all without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental
disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military
and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. We believe that blending individual strengths and
unique personal differences nurtures and supports our
organizations' shared commitment to our mission and creates an
inclusive and diverse environment where everyone feels valued and
has the opportunity to do their personal best.
Keywords: Volunteers of America, Rochester , Director, Clinical Services-RN, Executive , Rochester, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...