Information Technology Manager
Company: Pure Prairie Farms Inc.
Location: Charles City
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Pure Prairie Farms is currently seeking a talented Information
Technology Manager for our Charles City, IA location.
Pure Prairie Farms is a chicken producer offering a variety of
premium quality chicken. We focus on animal welfare and our
chickens never have antibiotics, are air chilled with no artificial
ingredients or preservatives. Our management team consists of
highly experienced poultry industry leaders that bring both bench
strength and a wealth of experience to our organization.
We empower our people and drive outstanding performance at every
level. You will be supported by passionate teammates along the way,
and our collaborative spirit drives our success.
The Information Technology Manager leads the implementation and
support of technology solutions for Pure Prairie Farm's
manufacturing operations and warehousing. This leader will manage
the information technology across the plant ensuring optimal
production capability is available through the automated equipment,
processes and technology-based systems in place. This individual
should be highly competent with hardware and software to be
successful in this hands-on role. The IT Manager will be the point
person to troubleshoot and provide solutions to keep the plant
technology operational. They will also be a strong advocate of
continuous improvement, industry-recognized best practices, and
standardization across the organization provide high-quality
technology solutions in support of daily production and ongoing
continuous improvement initiatives for our plant and warehouse.
The IT Manager is responsible for managing both direct and indirect
reporting relationships, including the relationship with our
external vendor that provides basic helpdesk and network support
*Core Responsibilities: *
- Ensure plant technology is operational, provide troubleshooting
and solutions as necessary.
- Translate business needs into IT requirements for Manufacturing
and Engineering projects, Plant cost-saving initiatives, onboarding
of new acquisitions to Pure Prairie Farms systems, requests for new
technology and network-connected equipment, system enhancements and
- Ensure alignment across stakeholders on decisions, priorities and
relevant project information regarding business unit requests,
projects and initiatives.
- Drives technology and business process innovation for our plants
and warehouses to enable front line competitive position and
manages a portfolio of services to address business needs within
- Leads reviews of current business processes to determine where
automation/improvements will drive efficiency.
- Recommends innovative uses of existing software functionality to
reduce manual effort and maximize the return on our investment in
- Leads the team which serves as the primary liaison between
Manufacturing and IT
- Establish a consistent process for the development of detailed
implementation and contingency plans and provide user and
management training before, during, and after system
- Partner with Maintenance and Security teams to prepare site
infrastructure as needed to accommodate new equipment, systems and
- Develop and sustain effective Plant Systems management and
staffing plans to deliver on objectives.
- Assist in the on-site deployment and training.
- Work with key stakeholders to classify manufacturing applications
and integration points to guide security, support and business
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of new technology and
bring innovation ideas forward
- Keep accurate inventories of systems and IT equipment, and update
our knowledge base of problem resolutions
- Assists the Applications, Maintenance, IT Security & Vendor
Management organizations to drive continuous improvement in
internal and third-party support relationships.
- Manages and reduces risk.
- Assists in the prioritization of IT requests, ensuring team is
working on the highest priority.
- Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years of relevant experience, or
equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- 2+ years of experience in team development/management.
- Manufacturing systems experience required.
- Effective critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving
- Self-directed with effective analytical and problem-solving
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability
to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work effectively at all levels
across the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable, and team-oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
*Pure Prairie Farms team members enjoy highly competitive pay and
benefits including: *
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick time
*Pure Prairie Farms is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national
origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical
conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an
individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $115,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Charles City, IA 50616: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Pure Prairie Farms Inc., Rochester , Information Technology Manager, Executive , Charles City, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!