Project Manager/Estimator (Earthwork)
Posted on: June 24, 2022
NEVER SETTLE, DIG DEEPER.OUR CORE VALUES
- Deliberately Safe We believe all safety incidents are avoidable
when everyone operates with a deliberate mindset. We are
deliberately proactive and thorough in training and job planning.
We are deliberately safe in our everyday operations and
- Build with Intention We build with intention. Whether in the
office or the field, we work with grit and determination toward a
better future for everyone involved. We leave things better than we
found them, and never leave a job until we re proud to put the Veit
name on it.
- Leaders Dig First Egos have no place at Veit. We expect
everyone on our team to dig in with a leadership mentality. That
means being willing to jump in, take ownership, and get mud on our
boots - especially when times get challenging.
- Real Relationships Like our work, we approach relationships
authentically, with a long-term mindset. Whether you re a client
partner, vendor, or team member, we make an effort to build a more
meaningful connection with you by communicating with respect and
- Integrity in Everything As part of the Veit family, everything
we do and say reflects on this entire company. We act with
integrity, which means treating others just as we want to be
treated, doing the right thing, and holding ourselves
accountable.About UsVeit is one of the country s leading specialty
contractors, with over 90 years of experience and the best people
in the industry. We pride ourselves on our relentless pursuit to
push the construction industry forward and deliver for our
customers. Our modern fleet of iron, diverse expertise, and
unmatched determination allow us to successfully tackle some of the
largest and most complex projects across every sector while also
living out our values every day. Our company culture is one where
everyone pitches in to get the job done, regardless of job title or
seniority. We do everything we can to maintain an atmosphere where
family comes first. We want every one of our employees to look
forward to each day at work and make it home safe and happy at the
end of the day.Position SummaryThe Project Manager/Estimator s
primary duty is to bid and secure Earthwork construction projects.
Once projects are awarded, the Project Manager/Estimator manages
the contract work from start to finish including scheduling, cost
containment, monitoring progress, compliance, and client
contact.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks out/completes bid opportunities through client
relationships, networking opportunities, public/private postings,
assigned bid opportunities, and various other means.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with
current clients; responsible for creating relationships with
potential future clients.
- Estimates projects for bid submittal by reviewing plans and
specifications, calculating quantities, gathering quotes and
submittals, constructing the bid, and creating the bid
- Coordinates pre-construction meetings for projects awarded to
ensure communication and coordination between project managers,
field, and office support. Works with operations staff to
coordinate appropriate construction methods and staffing
- Obtains necessary permits and licensing.
- Manages costs by tracking labor, equipment, and materials.
- Manages billing with Project Coordinators to ensure accuracy of
invoicing, preparation of payables, accounts receivable
collections, approval of accounts payable in a timely manner and
management of over/under billing monthly.
- Communicates and is responsible for meeting EEO/DBE project
- Ensures all aspects of the project are met safely, on/under
budget and in the appropriate time frame allowed.
- Uses appropriate resources to troubleshoot any project issues
that may arise.
- Seeks approval for all project change orders (before work is
completed) and manages changes to the scope of work to maintain
- Coordinates efforts and communication with the project
owner/general contractor to work toward safe and timely project
completion and adjust project scope of work and timelines as
- Assures that Veit s Leadership is informed on all matters of
relative importance.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor s Degree; 5-10+ years experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Construction Bidding and Project
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Experience with MS Teams is desirable but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to
clearly articulate information to all levels of management,
employees, external vendors, and other business associates.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management,
public groups, clients, and/or regulatory agencies.
- Ability to define problems, collect and document data,
establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret
an extensive variety of situations and events and respond
accordingly. Ability to seek counsel, when needed and use a variety
- Ability to develop and nurture lasting client
- Ability to maintain compliance with all Veit policies and
procedures.Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Viewpoint Vista and HCSS construction
software is preferred.Other
- Valid Driver s License and ability to maintain a satisfactory
Motor Vehicle Record.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Occasional travel and overnight stays to jobsites outside of
office location area (10%).Physical DemandsThe physical demands
described are representative of those that must be met by any
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee
is regularly required to stand and/or sit in a stationary position
for extended periods of time; 50%+. The employee is regularly
required to use a computer/laptop/iPad in on office environment
with natural and/or florescent lighting, navigate between office
building floors, and on occasion, attend off-site meetings. The
employee occasionally may encounter high noise levels, but hearing
protection is provided/required.Work EnvironmentThe work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those employees may encounter while performing the essential
functions of this job. Most often an office environment, however
jobsite travel is required. Employee frequently works alone and
with others. Frequently exposed to variable work environments,
including unique conditions outside a typical office environment.
Occasionally exposed to moving machinery, odors, dust, pressurized
equipment. Occasionally exposed to electrical hazards. May be
exposed to environmental conditions, loud noises, and variable
weather including rain, snow, wind, cold, and heat.VEIT does not
accept recruiting agency solicitations.
Keywords: VEIT, Rochester , Project Manager/Estimator (Earthwork), Executive , Rochester, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!