Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job Description BE A PART OF OUR SUCCESS!
Benefits & Perks:
- Educational Assistance with DeVry University with complimentary
- Immediate Family Members are also eligible
- Comprehensive Health Benefits including Medical, Dental,
Vision, and more!***
- 401(k) retirement savings with company match
- Flexible Schedule
- All you can eat pancakes + meal discounts!
- Employee Discount Program
- Development Pathway: Step by step process to grow your
- 3 College Credits hours for completing manager training****
Founded in 1958, Perkins® operates 324 restaurants in 32 states and
four Canadian provinces. The Perkins system includes 85
company-owned and operated restaurants and 234 franchised units.
Throughout its history, Perkins Restaurant & Bakery has remained
true to its mission of providing guests with personalized service
and delicious, homestyle food at a great value.
Perkins has experienced years of success through ensuring 100%
guest satisfaction on every visit. If you want to work and grow
with a company who has a proven track record of success, has an
unmatched commitment to their employees and employees the best in
the industry, you are in the right place!
Position DescriptionAs a General Manager, you will manage the
operations of an assigned restaurant and be responsible for
achieving planned sales and profit levels for the restaurant
through the implementation, management, and enforcement of company
policies, procedures, programs, and performance standards. In
addition, you will directly supervise all employees (including
subordinate managers) in assigned restaurant. You will be
accountable for all aspects of restaurant operations and
administration, ensuring execution of all tasks and systems to
guarantee maximum guest satisfaction and a quality work
- Responsible for achieving plan profit levels while ensuring
maximum guest satisfaction.
- Plans and analyzes restaurant unit manpower, ensuring
sufficient development and training of all employees, including
- Responsible for all aspects of employment and restaurant
staffing including recruitment (interviewing and selecting),
training, and conducting new hire orientation.
- Responsible for conducting annual performance reviews with all
restaurant employees, as well as recommending merit increases and
preparing employee performance documentation.
- Attends University of Perkins and successfully completes all
- Achieves and maintains ServSafe certification.
- Performs and is able to assist in all functions for all
positions in the restaurant.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned, and
presented properly in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner according
to all established procedures, performance standards, and
- Ensures managers and all team members are monitoring and
overseeing food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce
the incidence of risk factors known to cause food-borne
- Ensures restaurant compliance to productivity and service
standards by scheduling and staffing a sufficient number of
well-trained and productive employees.
- Ensures proper management of the facility and equipment through
preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security
measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
- Ensures inventory levels for both food and non-food items are
properly maintained in accordance with company guidelines through
correct ordering procedures and efficiency usage and yield
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to
achieve guest satisfaction.
- Accountable for accurate financial data to include: payroll,
cash and receipts, productivity food costs, security of funds, and
operating expenses; prepares and reviews financial reports.
- Attends scheduled regional meetings; makes presentations to
peers and management as requested.Qualifications:
- Two years previous experience in a management role; preferably
in the food service industry
- High school diploma; some college or degree preferred
- Must be able to communicate clearly with guests and vendors in
person and by telephone
- Must be able to operate the cash register
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks
simultaneouslyPhysical Requirements / Environment / Work
- Extensive standing without breaks
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold and odors
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Must be able to reach heights of approximately 6 feet and
depths of 2.5 to 3 feet
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space
- Must be able to fit through openings 30" wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy
pressure/stress during busy times
- Must be able to carry trays of food products weighing 20 pounds
for distances up to 30 feet
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
DisclaimerThis job description is not intended, and should not be
construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It
is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those
principal job elements essential for making decisions related to
job performance, employee development and compensation. As such,
the employee may perform other duties and responsibilities as
Keywords: Perkins, Rochester , General Manager, Executive , Onalaska, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!