Design Engineering Technician III
Company: Benchmark Electronics
Posted on: January 9, 2019
Process Design Engineering Technician III located in Rochester, MN /b
Responsible for developing process work instructions, flow diagrams, process equipment programming, ordering spare parts, new equipment setup entry coordination, etc. for engineering product builds. The individual needs to be a self-starter that works well in a dynamic work environment with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. The position requires a strong background in analyzing failures within the process to help distinguish product versus process failures. Individual will be responsible for creating and/or developing equipment operation documentation for operator training and reference. Experience with programming or operating SMT/AOI/MicroE equipment is beneficial. Work with Engineering Aides daily to receive feedback on any issues or updates that would help improve productivity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES
* Interface and communicate with internal and external customers, for relatively standard products, regarding project requirements and status
* Participate in quoting and scheduling activities required to complete the design service deliverables
* Drive and coordinate process development and improvement
* Communicate with customer technical personnel, regarding technical issues, under the guidance of senior technicians or engineers
* Analyze and select appropriate components for customer products when assigned to customer product design
* Interpret intermediate level prints to build cables, electrical panels and machine wiring
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
* A basic to intermediate understanding of advanced applications/technologies
* Demonstrate intermediate knowledge of the use of standard lab equipment, such as Digital Multi-Meters, Oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
* Demonstrate ability to create detailed design documentation, applying knowledge of industry standard practices
* Demonstrate proficiency in one or more test software application when assigned to test solution
* Demonstrate effective use of Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) software, both electrical and mechanical applications, when assigned to support process automation services
* Demonstrate a good aptitude for understanding design and fabrication methods; Participate in design activities of customer products, automation solutions and/or test solutions using various applications and technologies
* Demonstrate an excellent understanding of technology principles
* Demonstrate a good working knowledge in or more of the following areas: mathematics, electronics, mechanisms, CAD design
* Demonstrate very good problem solving skills and the ability to make sound independent technical recommendations
* Demonstrate intermediate level integration debug skills for non-complex systems
* Develop and follow project plan; Report project status to leadership
* Coordinate quoting and scheduling activities required to complete the design service deliverable
* Communicate with customer technical personnel regarding technical issues
* Interpret complex prints to build cables, electrical panels and machine wiring
* Recommend alternative design solutions using sound, sophisticated engineering principles and techniques
8+ years of experience
2 year Technical degree in electronics.
Benchmark is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting employment discrimination. It is our policy to take all employment actions and make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, citizenship status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability, military status, status as a disabled or other protected veteran or any other protected status under applicable law. Consistent with its obligations under applicable laws, Benchmark will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: Benchmark Electronics, Rochester , Design Engineering Technician III, Engineering , Rochester, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!