Maintenance Technician - Residential
Posted on: October 9, 2018
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (GRANDEVILLE AT CASCADE LAKE - ROCHESTER, MN)
(2) Weeks PTO in 1st year 9 Paid Holidays 20% Rent Discount for IRET rents Volunteer Time Off each Quarter Medical/Dental Benefits- 1st of Month after 60 days 401k match up to 5%- After 6 months
Come join our growing team!
As a Maintenance Technician, you're primarily responsible for assisting in overseeing the physical assets, general maintenance repairs, apartment make-readies, and preventive maintenance projects for the property.
About IRET: IRET was founded in Minot, North Dakota, in 1970. You can find our corporate offices located in Minneapolis, Minnesota and in Minot North Dakota, along with onsite operations in eight states. From Denver, CO to Minneapolis, MN to Topeka, KS, our company continues to grow throughout the Midwest, proudly providing apartment homes to thousands of residents, extending our vision to be the premier provider of apartment homes in vibrant communities by focusing on integrity and serving others. IRET is built around our employees. Our Mission and Vision unites our employees as one team.
Summary: Responsible for minor and major repairs of mechanical or aesthetic issues; general building preventative maintenance; maintaining the environmental conditions of spaces; maintaining accurate levels of inventory related to the building's mechanical systems; know and perform individual emergency procedures and duties as dictated by the site emergency procedure manual.
Expectations: Requires very little daily supervision. Self-directed and self-motivated once trained on routine duties. Requires personal initiative and mechanical ability. Able to follow instructions, prioritize duties, and comply with deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Maintenance
- Complete minor and major repairs of mechanical or aesthetic issues to ensure the property is optimally functional, presentable, and safe.
- Perform minor and major HVAC maintenance, such as replacing motors and bearings.
- Change light bulbs, service flush valves, clean mechanical rooms, and plunge toilets.
- Paint and/or wallpaper assigned areas and perform minor repairs to applicable areas.
- Perform minor carpet repairs.
- Demonstrate proficiency and respond appropriately to the building automation and security (including card access if applicable), fire, life, and safety systems.
- Select and monitor service providers to ensure services delivered are the most effective and efficient for the property.
- Perform general building preventative maintenance to ensure equipment is safe and effective for use, and down time with equipment meets or exceeds established specifications.
- Service and monitor the HVAC equipment.
- Maintain the environmental conditions of spaces to ensure the tenant and common space environments are acceptable for optimum use.
- Perform preventative maintenance on: o HVAC o Electrical o Plumbing o Lighting o Doors, locks, and hardware o Wall treatments
- Provide assistance to the Community Manager to ensure that tenant improvements are accurate and address concerns with appropriate contact, such as construction or tenant.
- Monitor and maintain tools.
- Perform assigned duties as prescribed in safety manuals.
- Respond to test situations accurately.
- Maintain sufficient technical and industry contacts and knowledge.
- Participate in after hours on-call programs.
- Assist outside contractors with major inspections.
- Serve as a key contact between community managers, operations managers, general managers, and tenants.
- Apply current knowledge or devise creative solutions to proactively resolve issues.
- Utilize any tools and/or processes implemented by the organization to assure adherence to quality standards.
- Participate in capital improvements. Administrative
- Maintain operating logs and record temperatures, pressures, and chemical level of heavy equipment such as chillers and boilers.
- Complete reports and perform various administrative duties to positively support completion of activities and projects.
- Maintain accurate levels of inventory related to the building's mechanical systems to ensure optimum levels of inventory are on hand and readily accessible when needed.
- Purchase parts and supplies from vendors; review pricing for competitive rates for parts, services, and supplies.
- Stock items when received. Cleaning
- Clean up vacant areas.
- Remove debris from the building and grounds. Emergency Situations
- Know and perform individual emergency procedures and duties as dictated by the site emergency procedure manual and the safety manual to ensure that actions promote the safety and security of the employees, occupants, and structures, and correct actions are demonstrated in test situations and actual emergencies.
- Promptly respond to all emergency situations, fire alarms, and natural catastrophes.
- Study and know the site-specific emergency manual(s).
- Assist tenant and emergency personnel in swift and careful evacuations when appropriate. Other
- Communicates regularly with management, vendors, equipment repair, maintenance, and tenants for day-to-day operational issues.
- Participate in continuous improvement/quality initiatives and identify improvements to, and/or develop new, products, services, or processes to result in the discovery of more efficient and effective methods and/or new offerings.
- May assist with grounds-keeping duties such as mowing, weed control, tree/shrub trimming, depending on the property and need.
- May be responsible for snow removal such as shoveling snow and de-icing walkways, etc, depending on the property and need.
- Assist and/or back up coworkers. Back up for this position is provided by other maintenance staff or third party vendors.
Authorizations: May have a company credit card with up to a $1500 limit, this varies by location and/or property.
Hours: Schedules will be determined by supervisor based on property needs. May be required to work after regularly scheduled hours, or days, based on property needs such as completing turnovers or filling in for other co-workers. May also be required to take after hour service calls.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Equipment Issued: If expected to carry a mobile phone, eligible for a monthly reimbursement or IRET issued phone, according to company policy. May have access to a shared company vehicle. Eligible for mileage reimbursement, according to company policy, when no IRET owned vehicle is available.
Community Involvement: Encouraged to belong to and/or serve on committees of local service clubs, charitable giving programs, merchant associations, Chamber of Commerce, or other business networking groups. Encouraged to participate in service projects, and to establish and maintain contacts within the community to promote IRET.
Competencies: To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Technical Skills
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures, determines appropriate action beyond guidelines, reports potentially unsafe conditions, uses equipment and materials properly. Wear back support belt during work hours when needed, and use safety equipment (goggles, mask, gloves, etc.) as tasks dictate. Communications
- Customer Service Orientation- When dealing with internal or external customers - Manages difficult or emotional situations, responds promptly to customer needs or requests, uses customer feedback to improve service, follow through on requests for service and assistance, meets commitments.
- Teamwork& Collaboration - Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, supports everyone's efforts to succeed, includes when appropriate and works effectively with all other employees/departments to accomplish company goals. Organizational Support
- Respect& Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy, shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences, promotes a harassment-free environment, embraces differences and utilizes those differences to the company's benefit.
- Ethics& Integrity - Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values, maintains confidentiality.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, keeps emotions under control, focuses on resolving conflict not blaming, maintains confidentiality, accepts responsibility for own actions, follows through on commitments. Represents a professional image of IRET in conduct and adherence to dress code requirements.
- Organizational Support - Completes tasks correctly and on time, supports organization's goals and values..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: IRET, Rochester , Maintenance Technician - Residential, Engineering , Rochester, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!